Combining a high magnification and oversized objectives, Levenhuk's 10x50 Sherman BASE Binoculars are an ideal optic for making detailed observations at long distances, even in challenging lighting conditions.
The large lenses draw in copious amounts of light and, combined with the 10x power, translate to a comfortable exit pupil that will completely cover most fully dilated pupils in low-light conditions such as at dawn or dusk and when peering into heavy brush or canopies. Complementing these performance features are anti-reflection fully coated optics, a wide field of view, and a traditional Porro prism optical path that all work together to produce an immersive and comfortable observational experience, featuring bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color rendition and a rich depth of field. The wide field of view helps to mitigate the appearance of visible hand shake that is common with higher power optics, for clearer views.
For long-duration glassing sessions, to reduce arm fatigue, or to eliminate vibrations, the Sherman BASE binoculars can be tripod mounted using an optional adapter. Their optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to a waterproof IPX6 rating and resistant to internal fogging. The chassis is made of a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy and wrapped in a protective slip-resistant rubber armor. Fold-down rubber eyecups mold themselves to the user's eye sockets to block stray peripheral light for brighter views without intrusive side glare, and the binoculars' center-focusing wheel is also slip resistant to make precision focusing fast and easy.
From the backyard to the backcountry to the stadium, the Levenhuk 10x50 Sherman BASE binoculars give you the ability to see wide areas in all light conditions and weather.
- Powerful 10x magnification enables detailed observations of distant subjects
- Large 50mm objective lenses draw in more light than smaller objectives to boost low-light performance
- Traditional Porro prism optical path presents a rich depth of field to produce lifelike views
- BAK4 prism glass delivers a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Anti-reflection fully coated optics improve light transmission, color rendition, clarity, and contrast
- 2-element / 1-group eyepiece lens design, 3-element / 2-group objective design
- Wide 60° apparent angle of view
- 316-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Slip-resistant center-focusing wheel is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves
- ±4 right-eye dioptric correction allows for precise focusing even for those who normally require corrective eyewear
- Wide 50-80mm interpupillary distance adjustment range enables easy use by a wide variety of people
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter to limit arm fatigue and vibrations
- Long 18mm eye relief increases viewing comfort and reduces eyestrain
- Comfortable 5mm exit pupil will cover pupils as they open and dilate in low light and ensures the entire scene remains in view without vignetting
- Lightweight and durable aluminum-alloy chassis
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof to an IPX6 rating and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- Protective armor with textured palm pads provides a slip-resistant grip
- Tethered objective lens caps offer additional lens protection without the risk of losing them during use