The Genesis G35 20mm T1.8 Cine Lens, in an E mount, from GECKO-CAM is a professional cinema lens designed with a modern vintage look. Featuring a 46.3mm image circle, which is larger than 35mm Full Frame, this German-made lens covers the Full Frame format as well as larger sensors, including the RED 8K VV Monstro. The 20mm lens is one of several in the G35 line and shares the same image circle, front diameter, focus rotation, and gear ring position with the rest.
Playing a big part in the design of the G35 line was Georg Thoma, the famed designer of the first fluid head at Sachtler. Thoma's contribution to these Genesis lenses is the cam mechanism, which is the way the focus works.
The 20mm lens comes with coated front elements but supports an optional uncoated front lens. It likewise supports optional metric focus scales, focus and iris motor, and lens mounts, which can be switched out easily by the user.
- 46.3mm image circle covers 35mm Full Frame and larger sensors, including the RED 8K VV Monstro
- T1.8 - 22 aperture
- 114mm front diameter
- Circular 11-blade iris
- 200mm focus rotation
- 8" minimum focus distance
- 14 lens elements
- Dustproof housing
- Shares the same image circle, front diameter, focus rotation, and gear ring position with other focal length lenses in the G35 line
- Coated front elements; optional uncoated front lens supported
- Supports optional metric focus scales, motor for focus and iris, and lens mounts
- Made in Germany