This 55mm Ice Solid ND Filter Kit contains three filters that can be used individually or in various combinations to darken the entire image, allowing photographs to be made with a slower shutter speed or a wider aperture than normally required. Using a slower shutter speed makes it possible to increase blur to convey a sense of movement. Increased density also makes it possible to shoot using wider lens apertures, helping to isolate a subject from the background and increasing bokeh. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
This kit consists of three 55mm solid neutral density filters that reduce the amount of light entering a lens by three, six, and ten stops, respectively. Each filter is constructed from multicoated optical glass for clarity and color fidelity. They are each mounted within a slim, aluminum-alloy filter ring which helps prevent vignetting while remaining durable and lightweight.
A nylon filter pouch is included to store and transport this filter kit. It features three padded, nonabrasive pockets plus a touch-tab fastened closure.
- Neutral density filters darken the image, allowing exposures with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required
- Providing a 3-, 6-, or 10-stop exposure reduction, these filters allow more control over depth of field and to convey movement more easily
- Filters do not affect coloration of the image and are ideal for use with other filters
- Multicoated optical glass for image clarity
- Slim, aluminum-alloy filters rings help prevent vignetting while remaining durable and lightweight
- Top knurling provides a more textured grip when mounting or removing filters from a lens
- 55mm front filter threads allow each filter to be used with other filters
- Filter pouch for storage and transport