This Gobe 86mm The Duet 1Peak Filter Kit includes a 1Peak UV Filter and a 1Peak Circular Polarizer Filter. Each filter in this kit fits a lens with 86mm front filter threads and can provide one of two enhancements to your imagery. Additionally, these filters are constructed from optical glass that features 12 layers of anti-reflection coatings on each side. These coatings also offer scratch protection to the filter substrate while promoting clarity as well as color fidelity, and result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for more efficient cleaning. For enhanced durability while remaining lightweight, the optical glass for each filter is set within a magnalium-alloy filter ring. Metal screw-in front and rear filter caps are included to help store as well as transport one or more filters in this kit. For one kit filter, or at least two kit filters that are stacked by screwing them together using their matching front and rear filter threads, the filter caps can be used to protect both sides of the filter or stack.
The Gobe 86mm 1Peak UV Filter is a general use, clear filter designed to absorb ultraviolet light and reduce the bluish cast of daylight. Aside from the reduction of unwanted blue casts, no additional coloration or contrast is created, and adjustments to exposure are not required while using this filter.
This UV filter is also useful as a general protective filter to leave on lenses at all times. Such filters help to reduce dust and moisture from reaching your front lens element and provide additional protection in case of drops or situations where scratching could occur.
The Gobe 86mm 1Peak Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizer filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizer filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
General Use and Handling
- Constructed from optical glass
- 12-layer multi-coating to prevent internal ghosting and reflections while promoting clarity as well as color fidelity
- Coatings also help prevent scratches and result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency
- Magnalium-alloy filter rings for enhanced durability while remaining lightweight
- 86mm front filter threads allow each filter to be used with other filters
- Metal screw-in filter caps to protect both sides of a single kit filter or stack of kit filters for storage or transport
- Microfiber cloth for cleaning and maintenance
Gobe 86mm 1Peak UV Filter
- Absorbs UV light and reduces bluish cast of daylight
- Does not require adjustments to exposure while in use
- Creates no additional coloration or contrast
- General protection filter reduces dust, moisture, and scratches from reaching lens elements
Gobe 86mm 1Peak Circular Polarizer Filter
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface
- Polarizer filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features
- Filter ring can be rotated to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect