The Syrp Slingshot 1-Axis 328' Motion-Controlled Cable Cam Time-Lapse Kit from B&H allows you to capture smooth, motion-controlled tracking time-lapse shots over 328' of distance. The kit features the Slingshot cable cam system with 328' ropes and the Genie II Linear motion control tracking motor. A companion iOS/Android app allows you to set up and control the tracking motion.
The Genie II Linear is an upgraded version of the original Genie tracking motor. It has a more compact and efficient design. Also, it supports up to two Genie Minis or a Genie II pan/tilt head for 3-axis motion.
The Syrp Slingshot is designed to take motion control capture to the next level. Whereas motion control is normally limited to the length of your slider, the Slingshot allows you to achieve motion control for distances up to 328 ft. Moreover, it can be used high above the ground, so you can capture vast nature and city landscapes. You'll just need the motion control device itself in addition—either the Syrp Genie, Genie Mini, or multiples of these, all sold separately.
Capture high production value shots in stadiums, parks, metropolitan areas, and pretty much anywhere else. Simply secure one mounting bar to a tree, light post, or something similar, and likewise fix the second bar a distance away. Install the included ropes between the two bars and then just place the Slingshot on top on its wheels. This could be done as low as near ground level or way up in the air. Everything, including the bars, sets up in just minutes, as all the components are designed to secure by a quick release ratchet mechanism. Even securing the bars to a tree or post requires no special effort.
The optional Genie attaches on top of the Slingshot, and your camera goes on the bottom via a ball head (not included). The Genie provides tracking movement and allows you to capture real-time footage as well as time-lapse video. It's the Genie that's capable of operating at a max distance up to 328 ft. The Slingshot comes with 82 ft ropes for the Slingshot and the Genie, but you can get optional Syrp ropes up to 328 ft for both.
You can also combine the Genie and Genie Mini together, or the Genie with two Genie Minis, to achieve up to full three-axis capture—tracking, panning, and tilting—at the same time. Furthermore, the Genies can be controlled using an iOS or Android app. When combining a Genie with two Genie Minis, a sync cable and pan/tilt bracket are also required. You may want to check out the B&H Slingshot kits that offer all these packaged together.
The Slingshot is designed to be portable. Its components quickly and easily come apart from one another and neatly pack away into a custom designed backpack with pockets for each piece.
- Capture motion-controlled footage or time-lapse video over distances up to 328 ft
- Quick release, ratchet attachment takes just minutes
- Set up from near ground level to high up in the air
- Optional Genie or Genie Mini motion control device required
- Combine optional Genie and Genie Mini for 3-axis motion control -- track, pan, tilt
- 17.5 lb payload
- Designed to be portable; pack away into a backpack with pockets for each piece
Syrp Genie II Linear
Add the Syrp Genie II Linear to your slider along with the included Genie rope, and you can enjoy motorized sliding for precise tracking shots and dynamic time-lapse sequences. The versatile Genie II is also compatible with nearly any third-party slider.
Features include reduced friction on the rope drive, a quick release camera plate for easy setup, keyframing with the Genie 2 app; and joystick, smartphone, and tablet control. Quiet operation and a compact portable design enable you to use the Genie II Linear almost anywhere your travel.
Attach the main unit to your slider's platform, and once the included Genie rope is threaded properly, the Genie II linear can automatically slide along the length of the rope. A smartphone connected via Bluetooth can control the Genie II Linear wirelessly, and when used with the Genie II Motorized Pan/Tilt Head, you can access 3 axes of motion to accomplish more advanced shots.
Future app features will include Bulb Ramping for day-to-night time-lapse exposure, HDR Timelapse, Simple Setup, Live View, 360° Time-Lapse, Multi-Row Panorama, and more.
- Motorized platform is compatible with the Genie II Pan/Tilt Head or third-party sliders
- Reduced rope-drive friction produces reliable vertical motion
- Quick release camera plate for easy setup and adjustments
- Time-lapse and video modes
- Quiet operation; compact, portable design
- Joystick, smartphone, and tablet control
- Genie 2 app enables you to create keyframes for complex moves
Genie 2 App Features
- Multi-axis keyframing
- In-app joystick control for setting start and end points
- Bounce Back (repeat) Mode simplifies interview shoots
- Ease in or out of your movement at any keyframe
Manfrotto 496 Center Ball Head with 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate
This Manfrotto 496 Center Ball Head features an integrated RC2 quick release cam lock and a 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate. Compatible quick release plates can be removed from the head by pulling the cam lock's spring-loaded lever, which also allows the plate to be instantly reattached. The cam lock also features a safety catch to prevent a compatible quick release plate from accidentally disconnecting.
The 496 Center Ball Head with 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate has a load capacity of 22 lb and can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount. By loosening the head's primary locking knob, the ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. A recessed dial set within that locking knob can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint's movements. Along the opposite side of the ball head, a secondary locking knob controls the ability to rotate the head 360°.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the 200PL-PRO quick release plate, as well as 3/8"-16 threads via an included bushing adapter. The plate is also compatible with separately available tripod heads that feature an Arca-type clamp.
496 Center Ball Head
- 22 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° angle, and can be locked into place
- Integrated RC2 quick release cam lock
- Primary locking knob allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Secondary locking knob allows head to rotate 360°
- Dedicated tension control dial for the ball-and-socket joint's movements
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction
200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with Manfrotto RC2 quick release cam lock and Arca-type quick release clamps
- 1/4"-20 mount with support for 3/8"-16 via bushing adapter
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction
Syrp Slingshot Rope (2 x 328')
The Syrp Slingshot Rope is a braided rope with a UHMWPE core and polyester sheath that does not stretch or crush and remains uniform under tension. It comes on a reel for transport and storage. This item consists of two lengths of rope per reel, with each length being 328' long. This allows your Slingshot (not included) to travel the full length of the reel.
Syrp Rope for the Genie - 328'
The black spooled Syrp Rope is designed especially for the Genie motion control device. It is made from a non-stretch Kevlar core and is braided to provide extra grip. When attached to any two points, the Genie will travel along the rope recording its time lapse or real time video.