B&H has put together the Zacuto Gratical Eye Bundle with Dual Grips for your Canon C300 Mark II camera to provide dual 360° rotating handgrips for secure shoulder-mounted operation, and the Gratical Eye Micro OLED EVF with 3G-SDI input which supports up to 1080p video. This rig also includes the Axis Mini EVF mount, the VCT Pro baseplate, and the C300 Mark II Helmet with Recoil Handle top grip for mounting accessories.
Zacuto Canon Dual Trigger Grips
The Canon Dual Trigger Grips from Zacuto are a 15mm LWS rod mount handgrip set featuring one wooden handgrip and one grip relocator for Canon C100/C300/C500 camera grips. Each can be individually rotated a full 360° at the press a dedicated lever — there is no need to screw or unscrew any knob or lever but rather just press it on the fly. Furthermore, the wooden component of the wooden handgrip can also be adjusted forward and backward at the press of another lever, and same goes for your camera grip once you attach it.
The handgrip and relocator are secured into sleeves and can be adjusted in length within the sleeves by loosening a corresponding lever for each one. They can be adjusted from 13 to 16" in length, measuring from the base to the bottom of the handgrip. Scale markings are available on top to allow you to easily match up the positions of the handgrips. The handgrips are fully removable and you can incorporate a second wooden handgrip at a later time to alternate with the relocator.
- 15mm LWS rod mount handgrip set
- Includes a wooden handgrip and a grip relocator for Canon C100/C300/C500 camera grips
- 360° rotation at the press of a lever — no screwing/unscrewing
- Forward/backward adjustment at the press of another lever
- Length adjustable
- Scale markings for easily matching the positions of the handgrips
Zacuto VCT Pro Baseplate
With built-in ergonomic shoulder pad, 10" sliding track, extra space for accessories in front, VCT14-compatible V-wedge, red buttons and levers all around, and much more, this is the stylish VCT Pro Baseplate from Zacuto. Use it with all types of cameras, from DSLRs to larger models, like the Alexa.
A section of the baseplate extends out beyond the 15mm LWS rod adapter in front. With the rod adapter thus set back, you have additional space to mount accessories under the camera lens, allowing you to position the camera further back on the plate, keeping the balance point of your rig directly over your shoulder. (The rod adapter is vertically adjustable 1", and has to be in a raised position to allow for accessories to be mounted in the additional space. Also, a 1.8" riser for the rod adapter is optionally available for RED cameras by special order from Zacuto.) Also, on the bottom of the section that protrudes out is where the V-wedge is. There is also a 15mm LWS rod adapter on the rear.
The VCT Pro Baseplate features a 10" sliding track, providing the space to optimally adjust balance after every lens change. Moreover, the included red camera plate can be loosened by a spring-loaded lever instead of a screw, so you can make adjustments quickly and easily. To fully release and remove the plate (and camera), just press a red button on the side of the baseplate and slide the plate out. The rod ports also have spring-loaded levers.
An ARRI M6 rosette is available on the front for attaching accessories and grips, and there are also three 1/4"-20 threaded holes on the side providing additional mounting options. 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount holes are available on the bottom to use instead of the V-wedge. The shoulder pad runs pretty much along the entire length as well as width of the baseplate, and is made of gel polymer. Two 6.5" 15mm rods are included. One 1/4"-20 and one 3/8"-16 screw are supplied for the camera plate. The VCT Pro Baseplate is made in the USA.
- Front rod adapter is set far back, providing more space for accessories, and allowing the camera to be positioned further back for better balance
- 10" sliding track (with spring-loaded lever) for balance adjustment after lens changes
- VCT14-compatible V-wedge
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount holes
- Ergonomic gel polymer shoulder pad
- 15mm LWS rod adapter on the rear
- Front rod adapter is vertically adjustable 1"; optional 1.8" riser available from Zacuto for RED cameras
- ARRI M6 rosette
- Three 1/4"-20 threaded holes for accessories
- Includes two 6.5" 15mm rods
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 screws supplied
- Made in the USA
Zacuto Gratical Eye Micro OLED EVF
With the Gratical Eye, Zacuto takes the highly regarded 0.61", 1280 x 1024 micro OLED panel found in their Gratical HD and packs into an EVF that weighs just 14 oz and fits into the palm of your hand. In order to keep the EVF small and compact, it features a round design and it equipped with only a single 3G-SDI input that supports up to 1080p60 video, a 2-pin LEMO power connector, and a USB port for firmware updates. Not content at being just a professional-grade EVF that produces natural looking images with a 10,000:1 contrast ratio, the Gratical Eye is equipped with a FPGA dual core processor to support the full set of monitoring and image analysis features found on the larger Gratical HD, including LUT support, vectorscope and waveform displays, and peaking, which are controlled using a joystick-style button on the back of the unit. With its compact size and full feature set, the Gratical Eye is an EVF ideally suited for use with professional SDI cameras and rigs using external power solutions.
- 0.61", 1280 x 1024 micro OLED display with 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- 3G-SDI input (optional converter for HDMI)
- Supports resolutions up to 1080p and frame rates up to 60 fps
- 2-Pin LEMO power input
- 14 hours of power when used with a separately available 75Wh battery
- Outboard tally light
- Proximity screen saver sensor to conserve power (7 second motion detector screen saver and auto shut off after 1 hour of being idle)
- Rosette with 1/4"-20 thread on each side for mounting
- -1 to +4 adjustable diopter range
- USB port for firmware updates
Monitoring & Image Analysis Tools
- Custom scaling/user presets
- RGB, saturation, brightness, and contrast adjustments
- Zebra with customer wide, color, and thresholds
- Histogram (RGB, Luma)
- Audio meters
- LUT import and creation
- Peaking (multiple color options)
- False color
- Frame store with transparency
- Test pattern (color bars and Macbeth)
Zacuto Axis Mini EVF Mount
A versatile and adjustable means for attaching a rosette-mounted EVF to your camera, the Zacuto Axis Mini is an ENG-style mount that is designed to attach to the top of your camera setup and provide you with ample room for adjusting focus or working with large lenses. It attaches directly to rigs fitted with a 15mm rod port and then connects with EVFs, such as the Gratical HD, using a secure 1/4"-20 rosette mount, or can also be used with 1/4"-20 screw mount EVFs with the separate Quad Rail for mounting.
Once attached, the Axis Mini's adjustable design utilizes four main pivoting points, which can spin a full 360° and are controlled using independent tension levers. With all levers unlocked, you can freely position the EVF at will using a single hand, or specific sections can be tightened down for fine-tuned adjustments on a single axis. Additionally, the articulation can be configured to work seamlessly with both shoulder-mounted rigs as well as for tripod-based shooting.