This Zacuto Gratical Eye Bundle with Dual Grips put together by B&H for the Sony PXW-FS7 II is comprised of the Gratical Eye Micro OLED EVF which offers pro-style monitoring, the Zacuto VCT Pro baseplate to support shoulder or tripod mounting, a 360° adjustable dual-grip system which relocates your FS7 II handgrip, a 13.8" LANC extension cable, and the Axis Mini to connect the Gratical Eye to your rig. This shoulder rig follows the Zacuto Recoil philosophy of placing the balance point at the shoulder, which places the camera behind the shoulder and the focus, monitoring, and camera controls in front of the shoulder.
Zacuto VCT Pro Baseplate
With built-in ergonomic shoulder pad, 10" sliding track, extra space for accessories in front, VCT14-compatible V-wedge, red buttons and levers all around, and much more, this is the stylish VCT Pro Baseplate from Zacuto. Use it with all types of cameras, from DSLRs to larger models, like the Alexa.
A section of the baseplate extends out beyond the 15mm LWS rod adapter in front. With the rod adapter thus set back, you have additional space to mount accessories under the camera lens, allowing you to position the camera further back on the plate, keeping the balance point of your rig directly over your shoulder. (The rod adapter is vertically adjustable 1", and has to be in a raised position to allow for accessories to be mounted in the additional space. Also, a 1.8" riser for the rod adapter is optionally available for RED cameras by special order from Zacuto.) Also, on the bottom of the section that protrudes out is where the V-wedge is. There is also a 15mm LWS rod adapter on the rear.
The VCT Pro Baseplate features a 10" sliding track, providing the space to optimally adjust balance after every lens change. Moreover, the included red camera plate can be loosened by a spring-loaded lever instead of a screw, so you can make adjustments quickly and easily. To fully release and remove the plate (and camera), just press a red button on the side of the baseplate and slide the plate out. The rod ports also have spring-loaded levers.
An ARRI M6 rosette is available on the front for attaching accessories and grips, and there are also three 1/4"-20 threaded holes on the side providing additional mounting options. 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount holes are available on the bottom to use instead of the V-wedge. The shoulder pad runs pretty much along the entire length as well as width of the baseplate, and is made of gel polymer. Two 6.5" 15mm rods are included. One 1/4"-20 and one 3/8"-16 screw are supplied for the camera plate. The VCT Pro Baseplate is made in the USA.
- Front rod adapter is set far back, providing more space for accessories, and allowing the camera to be positioned further back for better balance
- 10" sliding track (with spring-loaded lever) for balance adjustment after lens changes
- VCT14-compatible V-wedge
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 tripod mount holes
- Ergonomic gel polymer shoulder pad
- 15mm LWS rod adapter on the rear
- Front rod adapter is vertically adjustable 1"; optional 1.8" riser available from Zacuto for RED cameras
- ARRI M6 rosette
- Three 1/4"-20 threaded holes for accessories
- Includes two 6.5" 15mm rods
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 screws supplied
- Made in the USA
Zacuto Sony FS7 II Dual Trigger Grips
The Sony FS7 II Dual Trigger Grips from Zacuto are a 15mm LWS rod mount handgrip set featuring one wooden handgrip and one grip relocator for the Sony FS7 II camera grip. Each can be individually rotated a full 360° at the press a dedicated lever — there is no need to screw or unscrew any knob or lever but rather just press it on the fly. Furthermore, the wooden component of the wooden handgrip can also be adjusted forward and backward at the press of another lever.
The wooden handgrip secures into a sleeve and can be adjusted in length within the sleeve by loosening a lever. Scale markings are available on top to allow you to easily match up the positions of the wooden handgrip and the grip relocator.
- 15mm LWS rod mount handgrip set
- Includes a wooden handgrip and a grip relocator for the Sony FS7 II camera grip
- 360° rotation at the press of a lever — no screwing/unscrewing
- Forward/backward adjustment / length adjustment for the wooden handgrip
- Scale markings for easily matching the positions of the handgrips
Zacuto Axis Mini for Sony FS7
The Axis Mini for Sony FS7 from Zacuto is an adjustable ENG-style mount used to attach the FS7's monitor, or a separately available EVF like Gratical HD. With four adjustment points and independently controlled red tension levers, the Axis Mini makes changing the position of the monitor/EVF quick and easy, whether the camera is shoulder mounted or on a tripod. It mounts to the camera using an included FS7 Rod Lock, which screws into the body in front of the top handle. The Axis Mini simply slides into the extra 15mm rod port on the Rod Lock and clamp it into place.
- Rosette for mounting FS7 monitor, Gratical HD, or other compatible monitor/EVF
- Four points of adjustment
- Three independently controlled red tension lever with 360° rotation
- Mounts on top of camera body using the included FS7 Rod Lock
Zacuto LANC Extension Cable (13.8")
This 13.8" LANC Extension Cable from Zacuto features a right-angle male 2.5mm mini jack and a 2.5mm female plug. This heavy-duty, 24 AWG cable is UL approved and ideal for use with select Zacuto grip relocators.
Zacuto Gratical Eye Micro OLED EVF
With the Gratical Eye, Zacuto takes the highly regarded 0.61", 1280 x 1024 micro OLED panel found in their Gratical HD and packs into an EVF that weighs just 14 oz and fits into the palm of your hand. In order to keep the EVF small and compact, it features a round design and it equipped with only a single 3G-SDI input that supports up to 1080p60 video, a 2-pin LEMO power connector, and a USB port for firmware updates. Not content at being just a professional-grade EVF that produces natural looking images with a 10,000:1 contrast ratio, the Gratical Eye is equipped with a FPGA dual core processor to support the full set of monitoring and image analysis features found on the larger Gratical HD, including LUT support, vectorscope and waveform displays, and peaking, which are controlled using a joystick-style button on the back of the unit. With its compact size and full feature set, the Gratical Eye is an EVF ideally suited for use with professional SDI cameras and rigs using external power solutions.
- 0.61", 1280 x 1024 micro OLED display with 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- 3G-SDI input (optional converter for HDMI)
- Supports resolutions up to 1080p and frame rates up to 60 fps
- 2-Pin LEMO power input
- 14 hours of power when used with a separately available 75Wh battery
- Outboard tally light
- Proximity screen saver sensor to conserve power (7 second motion detector screen saver and auto shut off after 1 hour of being idle)
- Rosette with 1/4"-20 thread on each side for mounting
- -1 to +4 adjustable diopter range
- USB port for firmware updates
Monitoring & Image Analysis Tools
- Custom scaling/user presets
- RGB, saturation, brightness, and contrast adjustments
- Zebra with customer wide, color, and thresholds
- Histogram (RGB, Luma)
- Audio meters
- LUT import and creation
- Peaking (multiple color options)
- False color
- Frame store with transparency
- Test pattern (color bars and Macbeth)