Swarovski combines two invaluable outdoor tools into a single unit with the 10x42 EL Range Binocular/Laser Rangefinder. This version of the EL Range is offered in high-visibility orange so it's easy to find in low light and if they are left or dropped on the forest floor.
This combination of optic and rangefinder maintains the high-quality binocular design elements expected from Swarovski including the SWARO-BRIGHT broadband anti-reflection multi-coatings that minimize light loss, increase image brightness, and enhance color fidelity across the entire visible spectrum. Its wide 63° apparent angle of view makes spotting and tracking game and targets fast and easy.
Added to the optical performance is a precise IR laser rangefinder that can measure distances up to 1500 yards with an accuracy of ±1 yard in less than a second. For stationary targets, use the single-measurement mode or track moving targets with the scan mode for continuously updated distances. The in-view LCD display shows distances in yards or meters, depending on your preference. A built-in inclinometer and SWARO-AIM ballistic algorithm works in conjunction to the rangefinder to measure the relative angle from the user to the target and displays an adjusted distance for shooters to accurately compensate for the trajectory angle. A single button activates the rangefinder and provides access to all the features, functions, and settings.
To withstand the rigors of a life lived outdoors, the EL Range features a lightweight and durable magnesium alloy housing with a rubberized textured armoring that protects the optic while providing a slip-resistant grip. Its open-bridge configuration helps to balance the binocular in the hand, while giving the user a whole-hand grip for a more secure hold. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled to give it fogproof performance in all weather, and O-rings seal the entire system allowing it to be submerged to a depth of 13 feet. The EL Range comes with the FieldPro package that includes a CR2 battery, tethered objective covers, a one-piece tethered ocular rainguard, an adjustable-length neoprene neck strap with an improved attachment system, and a carrying bag.
- 10x magnification brings distant subjects in close for detailed observations
- 42mm objective lenses boost light-gathering capability to keep views bright even in challenging light conditions
- Roof prism optical path maintains a compact form factor for easier handling
- SWARO-BRIGHT proprietary broad-spectrum anti-reflection coatings increase light transmission and enhance color fidelity
- Wide 63° apparent angle of view helps to minimize the appearance of distracting hand shake that is common when holding high-power optics, while offering an immersive observational experience
- Spacious 331' field of view at 1000 yd
- In-view LCD display
- Class 1 EN/FDA IR laser
- Built-in inclinometer measures relative angle to target, ±90°
- Measurements displayed in yards or meters
- Measuring range: 33-1500 yd
- Measuring accuracy: ±1 yd/m
- Measuring time: ≤1 second
- Single-measurement and continuous-scan modes
- SWARO-AIM: corrected ballistic shooting distance automatically adjusts the displayed distance to account for the angle to the target, to a max 999 yd/m
- Five brightness levels; automatic or manual adjustment
- Runs on one included CR2 battery
- Battery life: 1000 measurements
- One-button design provides access to all rangefinder features, functions, and settings
Use and Handling
- Open-bridge/dual-hinge configuration reduces weight without sacrificing strength
- Large knurled center focus wheel is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather, or while wearing gloves
- Dual locking -7/+5 dioptric correction rings enables ultra-fine tuning of the focusing system to ensure crisp and tack-sharp views
- 56-74mm interpupillary adjustment range makes them easy to use by a wide variety of users
- Electronic dioptric compensation adjustment mode
- Four-position twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups
- Long 17.3mm eye relief for comfortable use with reduced eye strain
- 4.2mm exit pupil will cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to keep the entire scene in view without vignetting
- Bridge design adds more surface area for a secure grip
- Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy housing
- Textured rubberized armoring provides slip-resistant grip
- High-visibility orange armor color is easy to spot in low light or if they are laying on the forest floor
- Nitrogen filled, fogproof, and submersible to 13'
- Broad -13 to 131°F operating temperature range
- FieldPro accessory package includes tethered one-piece ocular rainguard and flip-down objective lens covers to keep them ready when not in use without the possibility of losing them on the forest floor; adjustable-length neoprene comfort-strap with pockets for spare batteries; carrying case