The Piano 4 Digital Piano with Virtual Hammer-Action Keyboard from Nord is the forth generation of their award-winning Piano series that combines expanded voice polyphony, a premium Triple Sensor keybed, and Nord's acclaimed 88-key digital piano featuring a keyboard with Virtual Hammer Action Technology, improved grand weighted action, and expanded memory for the Nord Piano Library. The Nord Piano 4 also includes new performance features like Seamless Transitions, dedicated Piano Filters, 120-Voice Piano Polyphony, and Split-Point Crossfades delivering a live focused keyboard with exceptional piano feel.
The 1GB of memory is dedicated to the Nord Piano Library memory and the sounds in the factory bank, which include six grand pianos, five upright pianos, eleven electric pianos, a clavinet, and a harpsichord. Sounds can be easily replaced using the Nord Sound Manager for Mac and Windows with drag-and-drop functionality. The piano sounds feature string resonance, which mimics the interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are struck. The Piano 3 keyboard also offers Nord's Soft Release, which affects the release phase of the tone, for when a gentler or more legato character is desired.
The included Nord Triple Pedal features soft and sostenuto pedals in addition to a Dynamic Sustain Pedal enabling the use of half-pedaling and catch-and-release techniques. Additionally, the Pedal Noise setting recreates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism on a real piano. A Sample Synth section provides 256 MB of memory dedicated to sampled sounds from a wide range of instruments, including the Mellotron and the Chamberlin. Dedicated knobs adjust Attack, Decay/Release, Dynamic controls, and the volume of the selected sound.
A comprehensive dual effects section is available with the stereo effects having extensive editing capabilities. Additionally, the instrument has dedicated knobs and buttons for all the vital functions required in a live performance. Transposing, setting up a split point, or creating a layered sound can be accomplished in seconds, while an OLED display provides an excellent overview when selecting or editing sounds, effects, and programs onstage. A monitor input allows for adding external audio from an MP3 or CD player for jamming or practicing.
- 88-note Triple Sensor keybed with improved grand weighted action
- Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology for greatly improved key response
- Seamless transitions
- OLED display for better overview
- 1GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- 256 MB for Nord Sample Library
- Layer and split functionality with split-point crossfades
- Enhanced organize mode
- Numeric pad for direct program access
- Nord Triple Pedal
- Greatly expanded Polyphony (120 voices)
- Creative piano filters
- 1GB memory for Nord piano library
- Four dynamic curves
- Dynamic pedal noise with Nord Triple Pedal
- Advanced String Resonance (2nd generation)
- Soft release
- Greatly expanded Polyphony
- 512 MB memory for Nord sample library 3.0
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with Attack, Decay/Release, and dynamic controls
- High quality stereo effects modeled after classic stomp boxes
- Reverb with Bright Mode
- Tube overdrive simulation
- Vibe effect
- Separate reverb/delay effects
- Tremolo, pan, ring-mod, and wah-wah can be controlled with a control pedal