Capture up to 8K 3D or 2D VR video and stills using the Obsidian R Professional 3D 360° VR Camera from Kandao. With a compact, minimalist design and battery-powered option, the Obsidian R is ready to capture all your adventures and experiences for stereoscopic panoramic display. Immersive 3D views can be recorded at 8K30 or 4K60 at 60 or 100 Mb/s, and be live streamed at 4K with an optional Kandao Live license (available separately).
Each of the Obsidian R's six 185° lenses records to an individual microSD card while six microphones capture PCM-format audio. The audio input jack can be used to sync with a Zoom H2N recorder. Recording options include time-lapse functions, log mode, and DNG-format still capture. Imaging features include a 12MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor, 10 stops of dynamic range in video (12 in still), and a 100–3200 ISO range with manual control via the Kandao app.
GigE connectivity enables you to transfer files, provide power (PoE), and preview your footage using the Obsidian's Ethernet port. Connect the Obsidian R to an optional Wi-Fi router for image preview and remote control, or use the downloadable Kandao app for Bluetooth smart device control. In default mode, the exposure of each lens is individually calculated with white balance based on the master lens. The app's playback function enables high-res VR viewing on standard display devices.
In addition to PoE, the camera can be powered using 12 VAC power or by two Canon LP-E6 batteries (available separately). A protective carrying case, a Zoom sync cable, an Ethernet cable, and a shoulder strap are also included with the Obsidian R camera.
- Captures eight times the resolution of monoscopic 4K x 2K 360° videos and photos
- Compact, minimalist design with six wide-angle f/2.8 lenses
- Quick stitching based on a deep-learning algorithm
- Record 8K 3D video at 30 fps, or 4K 3D at 60 fps
- Live stream 4K video with a separately available Kandao Live license
- Automatic in-camera ISO control; manual ISO control using the remote-control app
- HDR (high dynamic range) in spherical image capture
- Versatile power options include PoE, AC power, and Canon LP-E6 batteries
- Play back on standard display devices using the Kandao app