Available for download, iZotope RX 7 Advanced is the latest update to their audio-repair software, which is considered a staple within the recording, mastering, and audio-for-video, post-production communities. The software can operate either as a standalone application or plug-in for both Mac- and Windows-based DAWs and NLEs. From fixing common audio problems like noises, distortions, and inconsistent recordings, to repairing severely damaged audio using Spectral Repair, the software can transform previously unusable audio into something usable.
The advanced edition of RX 7 takes nearly all of the modules provided in RX 6 Advanced and implements a graphic overhaul more in line with iZotope's current aesthetic. You'll also find many new and powerful modules, including Dialogue Contour, Dialogue De-reverb, Variable Time, Variable Pitch, Music Rebalance, and the Repair Assistant.
Dialogue Contour can fix the intonation of an otherwise usable line of dialogue, while Dialogue De-reverb can intelligently separate unwanted ambiance from an otherwise wonderful vocal take Variable Time lets you change the time stretch of an audio selection without affecting its pitch, while Variable Pitch does the opposite, allowing you to adjust the pitch of an audio selection without negatively impacting its duration. Previously, these processes were combined into one module.
Music Rebalance analyzes a full mix of music and allows you to rebalance the levels of its bass, vocals, drums, and harmonic content, doing so with four dedicated sliders. Do you have a bit of background music whose vocal line interferes with the dialogue? Use the Music Rebalance module to lower the offending vocal. Need to beef up the bass in an anemic mix that came your way? Use this tool to emphasize the bass with the bass slider.
Repair Assistant takes the concept behind iZotope's Mixing and Mastering Assistants and applies them to the restoration of audio. Simply select the audio you need to process, click on the Repair Assistant button, and let the program analyze your audio. It will offer you three options for processing (light, medium, and aggressive), and you can choose among them after auditioning each one. Next, hit render, and the Repair Assistant will automatically fix the issue.
All of the tools work as they did in earlier versions of RX, allowing you to paint away audio problems on the spectrogram. Multichannel processing is now available up to Dolby Atmos (7.1.2). Many algorithms which did not provide real-time preview now do, which makes working a bit faster. Additionally, many modules which did not previously work as plug-ins within your DAW or NLE now will.
High-quality resampling and dithering are once again provided, as is batch processing. A detailed spectrum analyzer detects peaks automatically, and a suite of automatic, intelligent modules reduce manual tasks in the audio production workflow. RX 7 can be used as a standalone audio editor (including standalone but connected to your host via RX Connect or as your DAW's audio editor, in the case of Logic Pro), though much of it can be used as a suite of plug-ins.
Separated Voice De-noiser
Key Features at a Glance
- De-plosive eliminates every plosive from any dialogue track with transparency
- Leveler smooths any volume inconsistencies with an automatic clip-gain envelope; leveler is optimized for dialogue using intelligent De-breath and De-ess algorithms
- Instant Process tool is a one-click eraser for removing unwanted coughs, scene-interrupting sirens, and more
- Module Chain can process multiple modules at once, save your customized chains as presets, and execute them all with a single click, enhancing workflow and reducing mouse clicks
- Sync and integrate the RX Audio Editor with any DAW or NLE timeline using RX Connect
- Pro Tools support for clip-by-clip and handles, which preserves the boundaries of clips, allowing for simpler conformation to future picture changes
- Corrective EQ for removing harsh high frequencies, whines, rumbles, resonances, and distortion artifacts, and for accurately homing in on any problem-frequency areas
- Sixty problem-oriented presets across several modules
- Signal Generator creates accurate test tones, calibration tones for post-production delivery specs, and bleep tones for eliminating obscenities in dialogue
- Markers and regions (search) provide greater flexibility for those longer edits, with the ability to perform text-based searches of any markers, regions, and comments in the metadata of the audio
- Turn flawed audio into usable material by removing noises, distortions, and more
- Edit audio with visual editing techniques using precision drawing tools, such as a brush and magic wand
- Salvage unusable material by filling in audio gaps instantly with Spectral Repair
- Seamlessly integrates with audio- or video-editing software, both as a standalone application or plug-in
- EQ Match allows for quickly learning the EQ of a source audio clip and applying that EQ curve to a target audio clip, enabling sonic balance and smooth transitions between multiple audio sources with different EQ qualities
- Ambience Match for matching the environment noise of two different audio recordings
- Learn the ambient noise from a source audio clip and apply it to another audio clip, and create long sections of constant ambient noise to insert under inconsistent dialogue recordings
- Loudness module processes whole program mixes or segments to comply with international industry standards, ensuring mixes never fail network specifications
- High-quality resampling using the SRC sample-rate conversion algorithm
- Reduce bit resolution for final delivery of a project without sacrificing quality with the MBIT+ Dither algorithm
- Rebuild distorted audio caused by analog and digital overload, and get through projects faster with the automatic Suggest feature
- Spectrum Analyzer delivers a detailed spectral display that detects peaks automatically
- Adaptive Hum Removal notches out fundamental hum frequencies that may change over time, like when recording a shot in multiple locations
- Non-destructive Clip Gain allows you to easily adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instrumentals
- Export marker regions as files
- Metadata display (see ID3 tags and broadcast WAV metadata like source timecode, etc.)
- Time-reverse audio
- Updated timeline ruler that displays original recorded source timecode
- Movable tabs
- Full-screen support for Mac