Outfitted with innovative technologies and designed for easy carrying, the Steiner Optics 8x22 BluHorizons Binoculars are ideal for the beach, trail, or sightseeing around town.
Steiner's proprietary Autobright Lens Technology utilizes existing tech from the eyeglass industry to solve common problems—such as eyestrain, reduced contrast and clarity, and washed-out colors—when using magnified optics in extremely bright conditions. This photochromic adaptive system automatically dims the lenses in bright sunlight, much like popular transition eyeglass lenses that are clear when you're inside will darken when you go outside. By reducing the excessive light, the lenses improve color rendition, contrast, clarity, and resolution while also making your viewing experience more comfortable. This is complemented by a wide apparent angle of view to give you an immersive experience. Winged eyecups that block peripheral light from hitting your eyes further improve contrast and reduce distraction.
The binoculars' housing is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant polycarbonate material that is also temperature resistant—making them extremely durable over their lifetime of use. The chassis is wrapped in an oil-, petroleum-, and chemical-resistant synthetic nitrile-butadiene rubber (NBR) armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. Standing just 4" tall and weighing under 9 ounces, the BluHorizon will easily fit most packs, pockets, or purse and won't burden you when you have to carry them around your neck all day.
- Moderate 8x power magnifies view without sacrificing field of view or exit pupil
- 22mm objective lenses ensure a compact and easy-to-use form factor
- Roof prism design produces narrow optical tubes for easier handing
- Proprietary Autobright adaptive lens technology automatically dims the view in extremely bright sunlight to prevent eye damage and improve contrast, clarity, and resolution
- Wide 62.5° apparent angle of view presents an immersive observational experience
- 410-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Closed bridge configuration provides a solid platform for the internal focusing system
- Fast-Close-Focus system requires minimal rotation to take the binoculars from their minimum focus distance to infinity for faster and easier focusing capability
- Low-profile textured center focusing wheel is easy to use with either hand
- Left-eye dioptric correction enables custom focusing for tack-sharp views
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 12.7mm eye relief
- 2.75mm exit pupil
- Lightweight and impact-resistant polycarbonate chassis
- Chassis material is also temperature resistant to prevent the expansion and contraction that occurs with metal that can cause the optical components to move out of alignment and prevent being able to focus properly
- Oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic textured rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- IPX4-rated to be weather resistant against rain and snow
- Winged eyecups block peripheral light to avoid interfering with the view for improved contrast and comfort
- Compact and lightweight design is easy to pack, carry, and handle
- Includes padded neck strap and neoprene case