Outfitted with innovative technologies and designed for easy carrying, the Steiner Optics 10x26 BluHorizons Binoculars are ideal for the beach, trail, or sightseeing around town.
Steiner's proprietary Autobright Lens Technology utilizes existing tech from the eyeglass industry to solve common problems—such as eyestrain, reduced contrast and clarity, and washed-out colors—when using magnified optics in extremely bright conditions. This photochromic adaptive system automatically dims the lenses in bright sunlight, much like popular transition eyeglass lenses that are clear when you're inside will darken when you go outside. By reducing the excessive light, the lenses improve color rendition, contrast, clarity, and resolution while also making your viewing experience more comfortable. This is complemented by a wide apparent angle of view that helps to minimize the hand shake that is often experienced when holding high-power binoculars and which takes away from the experience. Winged eyecups that block peripheral light from hitting your eyes further improve contrast and reduce distraction.
Their housing is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant polycarbonate material that is also temperature resistant—making them extremely durable over their lifetime of use. The chassis is wrapped in an oil-, petroleum-, and chemical-resistant synthetic nitrile-butadiene rubber (NBR) armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. Standing just 4.5" tall and weighing under 11 ounces, the BluHorizon will easily fit most packs, pockets, or purse and won't burden you when you have to carry them around your neck all day.
- High 10x magnification brings distant subjects in close for detailed observation and identification
- 26mm objective lenses ensure a compact and easy-to-use form factor
- Roof prism design produces narrow optical tubes for easier handing
- Proprietary Autobright adaptive lens technology automatically dims the view in extremely bright sunlight to prevent eye damage and improve contrast, clarity, and resolution
- Wide 61° apparent angle of view helps to offset the distracting hand shake often experienced when holding high-power optics
- 321.5-foot field of view at 1000 yards
- Closed bridge configuration provides a solid platform for the internal focusing system
- Fast-Close-Focus system requires minimal rotation to take the binoculars from their minimum focus distance to infinity for faster and easier focusing capability
- Low-profile textured center focusing wheel is easy to use with either hand
- Left-eye dioptric correction enables custom focusing for tack-sharp views
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 12.4mm eye relief
- 2.6mm exit pupil
- Lightweight and impact-resistant polycarbonate chassis
- Chassis material is also temperature resistant to prevent the expansion and contraction that occurs with metal that can cause the optical components to move out of alignment and prevent being able to focus properly
- Oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic textured rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- IPX4-rated to be weather resistant against rain and snow
- Winged eyecups block peripheral light to avoid interfering with the view for improved contrast and comfort
- Compact and lightweight design is easy to pack, carry, and handle
- Includes padded neck strap and neoprene case
- Broad -4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C) operating temperature range