Built for hunters who need to move fast without being weighed down, the Steiner Optics 8x30 Predator AF Binoculars feature compact objectives, their Sports Auto-Focusing System, and their proprietary high-contrast CAT (Color-Adjusted Transmission) lens coatings to help you find and pick out game that are hidden in dense foliage or shade. The Predator utilizes a traditional Porro prism light path that not only yields a richer depth of field versus similar roof prisms, but naturally makes the housing comfortable and balanced in the hand.
The rich view and enhanced contrast from the prism and lens coatings are complemented by Steiner's Sports Auto-Focusing System, which lets you focus each eyepiece just one time, eliminating the need to refocus again regardless of how near or far away the subject is—or if it is moving. The individual focusing system also eliminates the need for a bridge, which would support the conventional center focusing mechanism. Therefore an open-bridge/dual-hinge configuration can be employed that not only reduces the weight of the binoculars but provides more surface area to grip, making them more secure and easier to hold.
The chassis is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate material that is wrapped in an oil-, petroleum-, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. Their optical tubes are O-ring sealed for an IPX4-rating to be weather resistant against rain and snow, so your day isn't over if the weather takes a turn.
- Moderate 8x power magnifies view while helping to produce a comfortable exit pupil
- 30mm objective lenses help to keep the overall form factor small to keep the weight down and make carrying and using the binoculars all day a comfortable experience
- Traditional Porro prism optical path affords a richer depth of field versus similar roof prisms
- High-contrast CAT (Color-Adjusted Transmission) lens coatings greatly improve contrast and color rendition to more easily pick out game hiding in dense foliage and shade
- 302-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Sports Auto-Focusing System
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 15mm eye relief helps to reduce eyestrain and make viewing more comfortable
- 3.75mm exit pupil will cover most pupils in lower light conditions to make viewing easier
Sports Auto-Focusing System:
- Individual eyepiece focusing
- Requires only one initial individual focus adjustment per user
- Eliminates the need for refocusing for targets at ranges from 10 feet to infinity
- Enables the tracking of fast targets without the need to refocus
- Open-bridge/dual-hinge design reduces weight while providing more surface area for a more secure grip
- Lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate chassis remains a comfortable temperature regardless of air temperature and resists expansion/contraction common in metal chassis that can cause the optics to move out of alignment over time
- IPX4-rated to be weather resistant against rain and snow
- Oil-, petroleum-, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- Winged angled eyecups block stray peripheral light from interfering with views while improving contrast and limiting distractions
- Light 19-ounce weight