Designed for long-range observations—especially in low light—by law enforcement, military, and tactical professionals, and engineered to exacting military specifications for outstanding performance in challenging environmental conditions, this third generation of the Steiner Optics 10x50 M1050r Military Binoculars are engineered to be an invaluable addition to any kit. This model comes with an in-view non-illuminated Mil-scale reticle specifically designed to enable fast and easy estimation of the range to, and size of, subjects such as boats, buoys, game animals, and landmarks.
This binoculars' optics are fully multi-coated to maximize light transmission through the light path, and their 10x magnification and 50mm objectives work together to produce a generous 5mm exit pupil that, when combined with the spacious field of view, present the user with an immersive observational experience defined by bright and clear high-contrast views and accurate color rendition from the pre-dawn hours through sunset. To help adapt to rapidly changing situations, Steiner outfitted the binoculars with their Sports-Auto-Focusing System, which allows the user to focus each eyepiece just one time and eliminates the need to refocus again regardless of how near or far the subject is—or if it is moving.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that allow the binoculars to withstand the rigors of the outdoors. These details begin with a chassis that is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate material that is wrapped in an oil-, petroleum-, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. Their optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof to a depth of 16 feet and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions.
In a blind, on the boat, at the range, during surveillance, or in critical tactical engagements, the M1050r binoculars perform to a professional's high standards in all weather and environmental conditions.
- High 10x magnification is optimized for long-distance observation and identification, even in low-light use
- Large 50mm objective lens diameter draws in copious amounts of light to boost its light-gathering ability in challenging conditions such as at dawn and dusk, or in dense fog
- Traditional Porro prism optical path produces a rich depth of field to more easily discern the relative distances between objects in the field of view
- Floating prism mounting system helps to absorb impacts to avoid damage and maintain optical path collimation
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission, improve color rendition accuracy, enhance contrast, and improve clarity
- Generous 300' field of view at 1000 yards
- Based on mil (metric) scale
- Uses hash marks and stadia lines with clear numbers every 10mm for estimating range to, and size of, subjects such as game animals, boats, buoys, and people
- Modified crosshair style places horizontal axis lower in the field of view to give more room on the upper vertical axis for size and long-distance estimation
- Not recommended for estimating ballistic drop compensation (BDC)
Use and Handling
- Convenient proprietary Sports-Auto-Focusing system
- Individually focusing eyepieces enable precise tack-sharp views
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 56-74mm interpupillary distance adjustment range
- Long 16mm eye relief gives room for the user to back off the eyepiece to reduce eyestrain and increase comfort, especially during long-duration glassing sessions
- 5mm exit pupil will completely cover pupils when they open and dilate in low light to avoid vignetting of the view
- Individual eyepiece focusing
- Requires only one initial individual focus adjustment per user
- Eliminates the need for refocusing for targets at ranges from 22 yards (20m) to infinity
- Enables the tracking of fast targets without the need to refocus
- Built to precise military standard specifications with tight tolerances
- Lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate chassis
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof to a depth of 16' (5m) and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions
- Oil-, petroleum-, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- Raised ridges on armor improve grip security and stability
- Weight: 35 ounces