The VOX DelayLab is a delay and looper pedal for electric guitar players. It provides thirty different delay effects, including recreations of classic and vintage designs. Utilizing a 24-bit / 48 kHz signal path, the DelayLab is capable of giving you modern sounds like dual delays, distortion delays, and polyphonic manipulation for complexly layered performances. Delay times are adjustable in 1 ms steps up to four seconds in total. An onboard phrase looper gives you 28 seconds of loop time, and it can be combined with the delay to facilitate esoteric soundscapes.
Conventional delay controls are provided by means of five knobs: Time, Feedback, Tone/Speed, Intensity, and Mix. You can select the governing type of effect with a detented Effect Type knob. The buttons on the top panel, on the other hand, provide a finer degree of control, and allow you to edit and rewrite 30 built-in preset programs. The four footswitches are multifunctional, with dedicated uses for the delay and looper sections.
On the rear of the device you'll find stereo 1/4" inputs and outputs for your instrument. You'll also note an expression input for separately available expression pedals. Nearly any parameter can be assigned to such a pedal. The DelayLab runs on six included AA batteries, and can last up to six hours before changing the batteries. Alternatively, you can purchase a separately available power supply.
Key Features at a Glance
- 30 types of delay effects
- Precision modeling of vintage delay effects such as analog BBD devices and tape echo
- Numerous original types such as Dual Delay and Distortion Delay
- Stereo Looping can capture up to 28 seconds; multiple variations and types
- Combine Loop and Delay effects simultaneously for exciting performances
- 30 rewritable preset programs, ready for immediate use
- Delay time is adjustable in 1 ms steps to a maximum of four seconds
- Easy access to multiple parameters allows the creation of complex effects
- All parameters can be controlled using a separately-available expression pedal
- Sync Mode allows poly-rhythmic effects to be created quickly and easily
- Seamless Program Change feature ensures smooth transitions
- Advanced Bypass function with decay avoids abrupt effect cut-offs
- 24-bit / 48 kHz audio sampling
- Diecast metal body stands up to hard use on stage
- Stereo 1/4" I/O
- Assignable Pedal Control input