The Genelec S360 is a precision SAM-Series, 2-way active studio monitor designed to provide reference-quality monitoring for applications where the requirement is high SPL for multiple listeners at a distance—from large, immersive setups in post-production studios or film-mixing stages to live monitoring for music-production playback.
Housed in a compact, low-diffraction enclosure with quality Finnish woodwork, the S360 is equipped with a 10" woofer and an integrated, extended Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) supporting its 1.7" titanium-diaphragm compression tweeter. Powered by 350W of Class-D amplification, the speaker delivers 118 dB of maximum SPL with excellent on-axis characteristics and uncolored 95° (horizontal) to 75° (vertical) dispersion.
As part of the SAM Series of monitors, the S360 integrates with the Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) software (free download available separately), via which it can be calibrated, and incorporated into a system configurable from simple stereo to large immersive formats. The speaker comes with integrated DSP to compensate for detrimental room acoustic anomalies.
The S360's enclosure offers versatile in-wall and on-wall mounting options, while down-firing, flow-optimized laminar integrated reflex ports (LIP) ensure accurate and noise-free bass output, great for in-wall and perforated-screen installation. When the monitor is used in free-standing mode, the proprietary Iso-Plate effectively decouples the monitor from its base, preventing coloration caused by conduction of unwanted vibration to the mounting surface.
- 2-way active monitor ideal for Dolby film mixing, post, and music production
- Compact, low-diffraction enclosure with premium quality Finnish woodwork
- 118 dB of maximum SPL with low distortion
- Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) technology integrates with Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) software (free download available separately)
- 10" high-efficiency woofer based on Genelec's Master Series
- 1.7" compression tweeter with titanium diaphragm, into 1" throat
- 250W woofer amp and 100W tweeter amp (all Class-D)
- 39 Hz to 19 kHz frequency response
- 95° (horizontal) to 75° (vertical) dispersion for accurate directivity control across the entire audio band
- Remains accurate at distances exceeding 33'
- 1.25"-thick front baffle and critical bracing minimize panel vibration for pristine sound quality
- Low-latency DSP
- Free-standing, in-wall, or on-wall mounting
- Made in Finland
Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) Technology
- Provides a wide and controlled listening area
- Minimizes early reflections for accurate sound reproduction on the acoustical axis and off-axis
Genelec-Designed Class-D Amplifiers with SMPS Technology
- Produce high output and feature universal mains input voltage for convenient worldwide operation
- Quality electronic
Quality Electronic Design
- Precision DSP algorithms ensure high dynamic range and low self-generated noise
Integration with GLM Software
- For total system control and automated room-calibration features
Down-Firing Reflex Ports
- Provide accurate and noise-free bass output
- Compatible with in-wall and perforated-screen installation
- Effectively decouples the monitor from its base via lossy fixing
- Prevents coloration caused by conduction of unwanted vibrations to the mounting surface
Sustainability and Green Values
- Efficient use of materials
- Low-energy consumption
- Long lifetime by design