SONUSCORE Origins Volume 4: Oud and Qanun is a Kontakt-powered plucked-string instrument library that consists of a lute-type oud from the Middle Eastern and North African regions, and a zither-like Arabian qanun. When combined in the Multi-Arpeggio Designer (MAD), the instruments produce melodramatic sounds, great for scoring middle-eastern colors and textures on the fly.
The instruments can be played as single notes or as rhythmical patterns generated by the Multi-Arpeggio Designer. Each instrument has its own independent, fully controllable arpeggiating system that lets them react to each other, with a human feel. The library comes with over 100 MAD arpeggio presets, which combine both instruments to help you quickly create harmonic patterns, interlocking rhythms, and ethnic soundscapes.
For more possibilities to sculpt the tonal character of your sound, Origins Volume 4 comes with 12 Color presets, all radically different in character, and with settings ranging from synthetic leads to ambient sounds. MAD presets and Color presets can be combined, resulting in 1080 predefined combinations.
- Individually playable lute-type oud and zither-like qanun instruments
- Plucked string instruments for scoring middle-eastern colors and textures
- Multi-Arpeggio Designer (MAD) with two independent arpeggiating systems—one for each instrument
- Over 90 arpeggio rhythm presets
- 12 unique Color settings to change instruments tone and character
- Full customization of all controls
- Copy your arpeggio designs between different Origins instruments
- Requires Kontakt 5 full version