Capture brilliant images of the aquatic world with your Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II camera in Ikelite's Underwater Housing, which has a depth rating of 200'. An Ikelite bulkhead with built-in TTL circuitry enables reliable electrical triggering of optional, external Ikelite DS strobes via sync cords. Non-Ikelite strobes will work in manual mode only. The housing is also equipped with dual fiber-optic ports to give you the ability to trigger strobes via the camera's built-in flash.
Ergonomic, mechanical push buttons and dials, along with a curved shutter lever, afford access to virtually all camera functions. Built for durability, the enclosure is made in the USA from a corrosion-resistant polycarbonate and ABS plastic blend. It is white on the front, top, sides, and bottom, but clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and maintain your view of the camera's rear controls.
This housing features a built-in, flat glass lens port with a 3.9" diameter, which accommodates the camera's full zoom range underwater. It accepts optional, external wide-angle and macro lenses, as well as color-correction filters. Additionally, the enclosure is compatible with an optional aluminum tray with one or two grips, which will afford improved balance and handling while offering a way to attach optional lighting arms.
- Depth rating: 200'
- Made from a durable, corrosion-resistant ABS and polycarbonate blend
- White on the front, top, sides, and bottom to reflect sunlight and keep camera cool when shooting on or above water's surface
- Clear in the back to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and camera
- Rear O-ring seal design and placement prevents accidental twisting or stretching, and eliminates the need for a groove that can trap sand, dirt, or debris
- 1/2-20 threaded accessory port on the side of the housing allows for the easy installation of an optional Vacuum Kit, which will allow you to confirm the integrity of the watertight seal before diving
- Camera is installed and removed through the front of the housing
- Mounting plate allows for secure camera placement, and has a 1/4"-20 threaded hole on the bottom for a tripod
Controls and Handling
- Ergonomic, mechanical controls, including push buttons, dials, and a lever, afford access to all camera functions except for Flash Up switch (built-in flash may be extended prior to installation)
- Controls placed in intuitive position and designed for comfortable access
- Laser-engraved control symbols on the back of the housing won't come off or fade with time
- Built-in glass port with a flat front element and 3.9" diameter
- Accommodates camera's full zoom range
- 67mm threads for attaching external wide-angle and macro wet lenses or color-correction filters
Strobe Connection and Operation
- Ikelite bulkhead with built-in TTL circuitry allows for reliable electrical triggering of optional, external Ikelite DS strobes via sync cords
- Non-Ikelite strobes will work in manual mode
- Bulkhead is located top of the housing to keep cords out of the way and minimize strain on the ends
- Camera's built-in flash is not suitable for illuminating shots underwater, but can be used to trigger external strobes via fiber optic cables