Vortex Optics designed and built the 6-24x50 Diamondback Tactical Riflescope to meet the needs of tactical professionals, but with easy usability for hunters. Its broad zoom range makes it ideal for mid- to long-range use, while the 50mm objective draws in the large amount of light required to keep views bright and clear in challenging conditions—such as during the dawn and dusk hours—or when focusing on small subjects at long range with the magnification dialed to maximum. Extra-low dispersion XD glass and anti-reflection fully multi-coated optical surfaces complement the magnification range and objective by transmitting bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color and improved edge-to-edge contrast and resolution.
The scope is based on the MOA scale, with exposed tactical finger-adjustable turrets for fast impact point correction in the field. Windage and elevation adjustments are made at 1/4 MOA per click with 15 MOA travel per rotation and a broad 65 MOA range available. The tactical EBR-2C reticle, placed on the first focal plane, maintains its subtensions at all magnifications to make corrections without having to touch the turrets or to estimate the range to and size of your targets. The scope is parallax-free to 10 yards, with a side adjustment correction turret for distances from 10 yards to infinity.
Its sturdy 30mm one-piece maintube provides a solid platform for the internal mechanisms and is made of a lightweight and durable aluminum alloy that has been treated with a scratch-resistant low-reflectivity matte black anodized finish. To withstand the rigors of heavy outdoor use in all weather conditions, the optical tube is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging.
- Broad 6-24x magnification range is ideal for mid- to long-range use
- Large 50mm objective lens boosts low-light performance while ensuring views remain sharp and clear when the magnification is set high
- XD extra-low dispersion glass reduces color distortion to show accurate colors with improved contrast and resolution, especially at the edges
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics maximize light transmission through the optical path to increase brightness and clarity and further improve contrast
- Precision-Glide Erector System ensures a smooth zoom through the entire range even in extreme conditions
- 18-foot field of view at 6x, 4.5-foot at 24x
EBR-2C MOA Reticle Details
- MOA-based subtensions with matching turret adjustments
- Reticle etched on glass for durability and longevity
- Reticle placed on the first focal plane to keep subtensions accurate at all magnifications and in proportion relative to view
- Tactical crosshair design has extra-long fine center hairs that won't obstruct targets
- Hash and stadia lines on all axes aid in holdover/under and ballistic drop compensation, as well as estimated range to and size of targets
- Windage reference dots and drop lines on the lower half of the reticle improve shot accuracy without having to touch turrets for faster shot correction
Use and Handling
- Large slip-resistant zoom collar
- Exposed tall tactical turrets provide instant access to adjustments for fast impact point correction in rough terrain or windy conditions
- Zero Reset turret design allows you to reindex the turrets back to zero after zeroing the scope to a rifle for easy resetting after making impact point corrections in the field
- Precise 1/4 MOA per click impact point correction gets shot on-target faster
- Broad 65 MOA windage and elevation adjustment range, with 15 MOA travel per turret rotation
- Side parallax adjustment turret allows the correct focusing of the target so it falls on the same optical plane as the reticle to improve accuracy; parallax adjustment from 10 yards to infinity
- Long 3.9" eye relief makes it comfortable to view through for extended periods of time
- One-piece 30mm maintube provides a solid platform for the internal zoom, focusing, and adjustment mechanisms, while helping the broad windage/elevation range
- Lightweight and durable aluminum housing
- Corrosion-resistant low-glare hard anodized finish
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging in extreme conditions
- Length: 14.5"
- Weight: 24.6 ounces