Inspired by the classic bucket-brigade delays of the analog era, u-he Colour Copy is an effects plug-in that's available for download. Use this effect as a delay or echo on vocals, guitars, drums, or other instruments in your mix. Colour Copy offers 1 ms to 1 second of delay time, which, when altered in real time, affects the pitch of the delay in a pleasant, vintage way. No artifacts or glitches are introduced when you manipulate the speed of the delay.
The delay provides a dark and warm sound, which you can further influence with the Colour knob in the Feedback Colouration section. This section provides pleasurable distortion and saturation, including fuzz, sparkle, and more. Choose mono, stereo, or cross input paths for different types of stereo bouncing during the effect.
An onboard ducker section allows you to dip the volume of the delay whenever the dry signal is more present, so you hear the unprocessed tone more than the echo. Modulations are on hand for chorus-type effects, which you can manipulate with LFOs. To get you started, you'll find a large array of presets. This plug-in is compatible with Mac and Windows platforms, and operates in AU, VST, AAX, and NKS (Native Instruments) formats.
- BBD-style analog delay for the smooth pitch effects
- Colour morphing effect with saturation for non-linear processing such as distortion and resonance filtering
- 1 ms to 1 sec, scaled via rate control from 25% to 400%
- Sync delay to host DAW's tempo if you wish
- Dynamic ducking via envelope follower
- LFO (with dynamic frequency and depth) for modulating rate, tap position, or amplitude
- MIDI note tracking and Freeze button (infinite loop) for experimental effects
- Preset browser with tag and text-search functions
- Independent input and feedback routing options allow stereo or mono combinations
- 100 factory presets
- NKS-compatible for Native Instruments
- UI resizable from 70% to 200%
- Custom remote control via MIDI CC
- 4-bit resolution option