The stainless steel Earthworks IMLR10SS is a high-definition 10" gooseneck mic designed to be mounted to a desktop or table for permanent installation in meeting rooms, educational settings, event spaces, and government facilities. Tailored for speech, the mic offers a wide frequency response and captures highs up to 30 kHz—providing additional clarity and intelligibility for conferences, panels, lectures, discussions, and more.
The IMLR10SS is designed with a small head attached to a rigid mic column featuring adjustable gooseneck ends for positioning—the rigid center section helps the microphone keep a consistent, elegant shape after adjusting. This version includes a touch sensor and a programmable dual-color LED light ring that is powered from an external power source of 8 to 28 VDC through an RJ45 connector.
Engineered with a forgiving cardioid polar pattern, the IMLR10SS concentrates audio capture in front of the mic and rejects sound from the rear. This unusually wide cardioid pattern picks up more sound from the sides than traditional cardioid mics and offers a very consistent frequency response from the sides—even up to a full 90° off the center axis. This means you can use fewer microphones while obtaining higher intelligibility and more gain before feedback problems occur.
The microphone requires 24 to 48V phantom power for operation. A foam windscreen to reduce breath noise along with a lock nut and washer for installation are included.
High-Performance Installation Mic for Clear, Intelligible Speech
- Optimized for speech, IMLR microphones feature a frequency response up to 30 kHz for outstanding speech intelligibility and articulation. This means less straining to understand the words being spoken due to poor audio quality, so more time can be spent understanding the message being transmitted.
- Whether speaking directly on-axis or to the sides of the microphone, the IMLR microphone always reproduces the speaker’s voice with incredible clarity and intelligibility. This wider coverage also means that fewer Earthworks microphones are required to properly cover a conference room, cutting down on the number of channels of DSP, cables, and other ancillary equipment required for the system.
- Compatible with all DSP systems that supply 24 to 48V phantom power, IMLR microphones can easily integrate into existing system designs or new installations.
- The mic is built to provide RF shielding to resist against interference from cell phones and other wireless devices.
- The dual-color LumiComm light ring and touch sensor output allows integrators to program the microphone’s function and LED color—a red LED color can be assigned to indicate the mic is muted for example.
- The light ring is powered by 8 to 28 VDC and connects via an RJ45 connector.
Low-Profile Appearance with Touch-Sensitive Light Ring
- Designed with aesthetics in mind, mic features a slim 0.375“ (9.5mm) gooseneck that allows for precise positioning of the microphone for optimal coverage.
- The gooseneck flexes on both ends, however the center is rigid to provide a more polished appearance when repositioning the microphone.
- The microphone flange measures just over 1.6 inches (40.6mm) wide and 0.35 inches (8.9mm) tall, mounting flush into the tabletop for a low-profile appearance.