The stainless steel Earthworks IMR10-SS is a high-definition 10" gooseneck mic with a rigid center, designed to be mounted to a desk, tabletop, or ceiling, for permanent installation in meeting rooms, educational settings, event spaces, or government facilities. Tailored for speech, the mic offers a wide frequency response and captures highs up to 30 kHz—providing additional clarity and intelligibility for conferences, panels, lectures, discussions, and more.
The IMR10-SS is designed with a small head and flexible mini-gooseneck that allow it to be precisely positioned after installation. The microphone column features adjustable gooseneck ends for positioning, while the rigid center section helps the mic keep a consistent, elegant shape.
The mic is engineered with a forgiving cardioid polar pattern that concentrates pickup in front of the capsule and rejects sound from the rear. This unusually wide cardioid pattern also picks up more sound from the sides than traditional cardioid mics and offers a consistent frequency response—up to a full 90° off the center axis. This means you can use fewer microphones while obtaining higher intelligibility and use more gain before feedback problems occur.
The IMR10-SS requires 24 to 48V phantom power for operation and includes a foam windscreen to reduce breath noise along with a locking nut and washer for installation
High-Performance Installation Mic for Clear, Intelligible Speech
- Optimized for speech, IMR microphones feature a frequency response up to 30 kHz for outstanding speech intelligibility and articulation. This means less straining to understand the words being spoken due to poor audio quality, so more time can be spent understanding the message being transmitted.
- Whether speaking directly on-axis or to the sides of the microphone, the IMR microphone always reproduces the speaker’s voice with incredible clarity and intelligibility. This wider coverage also means that fewer Earthworks microphones are required to properly cover a conference room, cutting down on the number of channels of DSP, cables, and other ancillary equipment required for the system.
- Compatible with all DSP systems that provide 24 to 48V phantom power, mics can easily integrate into existing system designs or new installations.
Low-Profile Appearance with Rigid Gooseneck
- Designed with aesthetics in mind, the IMR microphones feature a slim 0.375“ gooseneck with a rigid center that allows for precise positioning of the microphone for optimal coverage.
- The gooseneck flexes on both ends, and the center is rigid, providing a more polished appearance when repositioning the microphone.
- The microphone flange measures just over 1.4 inches wide and 0.125 inches tall, mounting flush into the tabletop or ceiling for a low profile appearance.