The Cokin P Series 82C Light Balancing Filter is designed for use with a Cokin P Series Filter Holder. It is uniform in color and with a mired shift value of -45, can be applied to purposely create a cool cast over an entire image. This effect can be obtained under daylight when this filter is used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected. The Cokin P Series 82C Light Balancing Filter is also useful for balancing light sources with a color temperature of 2800K for type B tungsten film, which is designed to accurately reproduce colors under 3200K light sources.
This filter is made of durable, optical resin (CR39). When used, the Cokin P Series 82C Light Balancing Filter's 0.2 density darkens the entire image by 0.6 stops. This reduction in exposure can be compensated for by adjusting the aperture setting of the lens it is placed on, or the shutter speed of the camera being used.
The greater the difference between the color temperatures they are designed to correct for under 5500K, light balancing filters for type B tungsten film are considered to be progressively stronger in their effect when used to cool a daylight image.
- Can add a cool cast to an entire image under daylight when used on a film camera system with daylight film installed, or on a digital camera system with its daylight white balance setting selected
- Provides a mired shift value of -45
- Raises 2800K color temperature to 3200K
- Allows type B tungsten film to accurately reproduce colors under 2800K light sources
- Constructed from optical resin (CR39) for clarity and durability
- 0.2 density filter with 1.5x filter factor darkens the image by 0.6 stops
- Filter density can be compensated for by adjusting lens aperture or camera shutter speed