COAST designed and built the PolySteel 600R Rechargeable LED Flashlight to work as hard as you and be just as tough. This handy and versatile light can run on multiple battery chemistries and has a focusable beam, with three outputs to choose from.
With a twist of a collar on the head, the versatile Pure Beam Focusing system allows you to change the beam from a wide flood that lights large areas close to you into a focused spotlight that is optimized for a long throw. In the spot mode, the light has COAST's bulls-eye beam that has a bright center circle that smoothly transitions to a dimmer "halo" around it—providing maximum illumination where you need it with plenty of spill to keep you aware of your surroundings.
The red-handled PolySteel body consists of a stainless steel core wrapped in a nylon-reinforced polycarbonate material. This combination of poly and steel produces a housing that is resistant to drops, impacts, and crushing. The poly exterior is highly slip resistant, and the deep-grooved handle design adds to its positive grip even in cold and wet conditions. Speaking of wet conditions, COAST O-ring sealed the light to an IPX8-rating to make it waterproof and submersible to a depth of 10' (3m) for up to 6 hours. The PolySteel 600R runs on four AA batteries and its three outputs are controlled using a simple push-button tailcap switch.
Using disposable AA alkaline batteries, the light maintains the same output levels and runtimes as the standard PolySteel 600, and when using the included rechargeable li-ion battery pack outputs are reduced. While the runtime for the low output is only slightly lower using the battery pack versus alkaline batteries, the medium and high output runtimes are are almost doubled to give you more active time between charges. To add even more functionality to the light, the battery pack can be removed from the light and, using its USB port, put a charge into small electronics such as a cell phone.
- Selectable low, medium, and high outputs
- Pure Beam Focusing system: Twist the collar on the head to change the beam from a wide flood that lights large areas close to you into a focused spotlight that is optimized for a long throw
- "Bulls-eye" spotlight beam has a bright center circle that smoothly transitions to a dimmer "halo" around it
Output, Alkaline batteries:
- Low: 73 lumens, 40-hour runtime
- Medium: 245 lumens, 5.25-hour runtime
- High: 710 lumens, 2.25-hour runtime
- Low: 42 lumens, 35-hour runtime
- Medium: 155 lumens, 9.5-hour runtime
- High: 530 lumens, 5.75-hour runtime
- Type: Push button
- Location: Tailcap
- Constant activation
- Single button gives access to all outputs for ease of use
- Shrouded design prevents accidental activation
- Slip-resistant boot is easy to use in cold and wet weather
- PolySteel body: Stainless steel core wrapped in a nylon-reinforced polycarbonate material. Resistant to drops, impacts, and crushing
- O-ring sealed to IPX8-rating to be waterproof and submersible to 10' (3m) for up to 6 hours
- Slip-resistant handle for sure handling in cold and wet weather
- Integrated lanyard/cord loop
- Runs on the included rechargeable Li-ion battery pack or four AA batteries
- Li-ion battery pack recharges outside the light via micro-USB port and can also be used as an external battery pack to power/charge small electronics such as phones or cameras using its integrated USB output port
- 7.9" long
- Weight: 12 ounces