Capture beautiful images and video down to 200' below the surface with this Ikelite Underwater Housing and Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II Digital Camera Kit from B&H. The camera boasts a 17MP 4/3" image sensor that captures exquisite images and brilliant 4K video. The housing features a durable ABS and polycarbonate enclosure, and its mechanical controls afford access to virtually all the functions of the LX100 II.
Ikelite Underwater Housing with TTL Circuitry for Panasonic LUMIX LX100, LX100 II or Leica D-Lux Typ 109 (White)
Capture photos and video 200' beneath the surface with your Panasonic LUMIX LX100, LX100 II or Leica D-Lux Typ 109 digital camera, thanks to this updated version of the dedicated Ikelite Underwater Housing. The large, ergonomic mechanical controls provide access to all camera functions except for the flash and viewfinder switches. This version adds an ergonomic, side-mounted shutter lever, and offers improved zoom and rear dial control. Two 1/4"-20 mounts have also been added on the bottom for connection to a tray.
Additionally, while the rear plate is clear, the front, top, and sides of the housing are now made of a white ABS/polycarbonate blend, which is still corrosion resistant but also reflects sunlight to keep your camera cooler when shooting at or above the water's surface. The housing features built-in, proprietary TTL circuitry and an Ikelite 5-pin bulkhead connector, which combine to allow for TTL exposure with optional, external Ikelite DS Substrobes. Non-Ikelite strobes are compatible in manual mode.
An integrated flat glass lens port with a 3.9" diameter accepts optional, external wide-angle and macro add-on lenses to enhance your view. You can also add optional color-correction filters to restore hues that get absorbed by the water.
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Two double-passivated, stainless steel locking lid snaps are easy to use and virtually unbreakable
- See O-ring form a solid watertight seal as you close housing
- Rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of O-ring, and eliminates need for groove or channel that can trap dirt, sand, or debris
- Spare 1/2-20 accessory port for installing optional vacuum valve
Controls and Handling
- Large, ergonomic mechanical controls, including push buttons, knurled knobs/dials, and levers enable smooth operation
- Access provided to all camera functions except for flash and viewfinder switches
- Ergonomic, side-mounted shutter lever has been added
- Improves upon previous version of housing with better zoom and rear dial control
- Controls placed in similar configuration as they are on camera, allowing for seamless transition based on familiarity and muscle memory that have already been developed
- Rear controls marked with easily visible, laser-engraved symbols, which won't peel or fade off with time
- Attaching an optional single or dual-handle tray will afford improved handling and balance, while offering connection points for arms that can hold flash units or video lights
- Designed, made by hand, and tested in the USA
- Top, front, and sides are made from durable, corrosion-resistant, white ABS/polycarbonate blend
- Reflects sunlight to keep your camera cooler when shooting at or above water's surface
- Provides greater contrast than totally clear housings, giving you better view of camera, screen, and O-ring seal when looking through clear back plate
- Front-loading camera installation makes for quick and easy setup
- Two standard 1/4"-20 mounts added on bottom for connection to optional tray
- Integrated flat glass lens port has 3.9" diameter
- Accepts optional, external, 0.75x WD-4 Wide-Angle Dome or 67mm threaded macro conversion lenses, in order to provide increased field of view or better clarity and detail in close-ups, respectively
- Macro lenses available from Epoque, INON, Subsee, Nauticam, and others, and can be attached using optional press-fit Macro Adapter
- Both wide-angle and macro lenses will enable you to get closer to your subjects, cutting down on the amount of water between you and them to reduce distortion
- Use of WD-4 results in no edge distortion or vignetting
- Add optional color-correction filters to restore colors that get absorbed by water
- #6441.46 filter available for blue water and #6441.86 available for green water
External Strobe Connection
- Integrated TTL circuitry is fine-tuned to camera's flash exposure protocol, in order to allow for most accurate exposure possible
- Circuit is powered by strobe, so no replacement of batteries or maintenance is required
- Exposure compensation in TTL mode is supported using camera's built-in control
- TTL and manual modes possible with Ikelite DS strobes, including DS50 (above serial number 70000), DS51, DS125 (above serial number 5000), DS160, DS161, and DS200 (above serial number 7163)
- Third-party strobes operable in manual mode only, but will still benefit from fast recycle times and improved battery life
- Housing provides direct electrical connection to camera's hot shoe
- Features Ikelite bulkhead sync cord connector, eliminating need for camera's built-in flash to fire
- Sync cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a light bulb, and threaded fit prevents accidental detachment during use
- Bulkhead sync cord connector has been moved to top of housing to keep cords out of the way and reduce strain on ends
- Various sync cords available, including Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Single (#4103.51), Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Dual (#4103.52), Sea & Sea/INON-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Single (#4118.1), Sea & Sea/INON-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual (#4118.2), Nikonos SB-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Single (#4116.31), and Nikonos SB-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual (#4116.32)
Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II Digital Camera (Black)
With exceptional image quality and a compact design, this Lumix DC-LX100 II Digital Camera from Panasonic improves upon its predecessor while keeping many of its most beloved qualities. At the forefront is the large 17MP 4/3" image sensor that outputs detailed still images and captures brilliant 4K video at 24 or 30 fps. The built-in Leica DC Vario-Summilux lens has a zoom range of 24-75mm (35mm equivalent) and a bright f/1.7-2.8 aperture range, making it more than capable of handling a variety of low-light scenarios. Full manual control over exposure via on-camera dials allows for greater creative freedom by allowing you to keep your eyes looking through the 2760k-dot electronic viewfinder instead of flipping through menus. The 3" LCD touchscreen can also be used to adjust settings as well as autofocus.