Offering the unique capability of raw file compositing, Imerge Pro from FXHOME is a non-destructive editing program well-suited to making new and creative image compositions. Designed with raw image files in mind, this software allows you to perform live, layer-based edits using all the flexibility of a raw file along with a host of masking and selection tools for flexible, creative control. For masking and making selections, a series of automated keying effects can be used depending on the subject time, including luminance and spill removal keying functions for intelligently neutralizing color artifacts and spills for a more natural appearance. Masking tools also work in conjunction with a layer-based editing method, and five different masking tools can be used, including luminance and color selection masks for breaking down an image into brightness or color channels, respectively. In addition to these compositing tools, images also benefit from 38 distinct filters and effects to alter the final appearance, including dehaze, clarity, sharpening, black & white, and gradient tools.
Platform and Workflow
- Layer-based image compositing software has a GPU-accelerated design for fast and fluent performance, even when working with high resolution files.
- Non-destructive workflow allows you to retain rich 16-bit color depth and raw color data while making edits and live changes to composites.
- Intuitive home screen affords direct access to all of your projects and files.
- Preset templates can be used or custom canvas resolutions and shapes.
- For client-oriented use, a second monitor can be used in conjunction with a client preview setting to hide interface elements for a clean preview.
- Standard JPEG, TIFF, and PNG file formats are supported as well as raw file formats and more specialized file types, such as EXR (single-layer RGBA), HDR, and flattened PSD files. Images can be exported as JPEG, TIFF, or PNG files, and Exif, XMP, and IPTC metadata formats are also supported.
- Layers can be comprised of multiple images and offer the ability to export a file in its various layered combinations.
- Several delivery formats can be exported at once, allowing you to save time preparing client-ready files as well as files for social media.
- For greater freedom, you can export multiple backgrounds, foregrounds, text layers, and so on, allowing you to quickly produce numerous versions of one composite image.
Built-In Keying Effects
- An automated chroma key function can be used to isolate subjects set against a green screen, making accurate selections of fine details a simple process.
- Color difference keying can be used with transparent or translucent objects and areas, such as when photographing smoke, shadows, or glass, for more detailed and realistic results.
- The luminance key function lets you remove unique objects like fire from black or white backgrounds, and it automatically includes areas that need to be translucent.
- Dedicated spill removal function automatically suppresses green shadows, neutralizes shadow color casts, and removes unwanted spill.
- Gradient masks are used to fade images together, fade to black, fade to white, fade text, or to create a reflection effect.
- Area masks are used to hide portions of one layer while revealing the layers below. This is well-suited for combining multiple photos into a single image or removing unwanted details.
- Vector masks are not pixel-based and provide sharper, more accurate lines and selections. Image luminance masks are a type of intelligent mask that breaks down an image into channels of luminosity for masking based on how bright or dark areas are.
- Image color selection masks are also a type of intelligent mask, and break down an image into specific color ranges in order to make selections based on particular colors.
Filters and Effects
- Black & White, Bleach Bypass, Channel Viewer, Clarity, Clouds, Color Adjustment, Color Overlay, Curves, Dehaze, Directional Blur, Exposure, Gaussian Blur, Grain, Inner Glow, Invert, LUT (Look-Up Table), Levels, Light Wrap, Linear Gradient, Noise, Outer Glow, Outline, Pattern Overlay, Pixelate, Quad Warp, Radial Gradient, Remove Color Matting, Saturation Editor, Scan Lines, Sharpen, Tone Coloring, Vignette, White Balance, and Zoom Blur