PowerDirector 17 Ultra and PhotoDirector 10 Ultra from CyberLink provide the enthusiast editor with comprehensive collections of tools to get creative with videos and photos. These consumer-level applications are designed easy to use but are loaded with everything from basic to pro-level features, such as frame-by-frame motion tracking and skin retouching. The package also includes 50GB of cloud storage for one year, so you can access your projects from anywhere.
PowerDirector offers essential and advanced video editing tools, effects, transitions, titles, image corrections, sounds, and music tracks. It includes multiple CyberLink and third-party content packs, and it has special features such as screen recording for YouTube/web demos and tutorials. PhotoDirector provides a similar set of features specifically optimized for family, travel, and landscape photos. Both programs also have 360 editing toolsets. PowerDirector is Windows-compatible and PhotoDirector can be used on Windows and Mac.
CyberLink PowerDirector 17 Ultra (DVD and Download Code)
CyberLink PowerDirector 17 Ultra is a consumer-level editing system with a comprehensive feature set, including many pro-level features. PowerDirector allows you to cut and trim your videos, apply effects and music, add titles and transitions, and fix and color-correct footage. There are also special features such as screen recording for creative web demos and tutorials. The workflow is designed to operate quicker and easier with one-click presets, a drag-and-drop, and an intuitive interface. The application is Windows-compatible and supports up to 4K resolution videos and many popular formats.
The Ultra version has the full feature set of PowerDirector 17 and also comes with CyberLink Content Packs Premium 1, 2, 3, and 4, 50 background music tracks, and 100 sound clips, as well as ProDAD Adorage 13 Lite and NewBlue Essentials 1 3rd-party plug-ins. All these allow you to highly enhance your projects. Additionally, the Ultra version includes 25GB of CyberLink Cloud Service for one year.
For times when you want a completed project very quickly, PowerDirector 17 features its Express Projects section, which offers a wide range of templates that you simply need to drop your clips into. The templates are complete with effects, transitions, animations, and music. These projects can then be shared directly to social media from PowerDirector at the press of a few buttons.
For action camera enthusiasts, PowerDirector 17 has an Action Camera Center that provides everything you need to edit, correct, and enhance your action cam footage. For 360 spherical VR enthusiasts, PowerDirector 17 supports importing equirectangular footage, editing it with a full range of tools—including 360 video stabilization—and then exporting in 360 format.
Among the advanced features, you'll find motion tracking, multicam editing, audio ducking, look-up table support, split toning and HDR effect, chroma key, and much more.
Sync multiple clips using MultiCam Designer, then finish editing and producing in Video Collage Designer.
Updated Video Collage Designer
More border color and size controls. Also, make interclip border adjustments and save/download customized templates.
Improved Title Designer
Amazing animated title text effects, and quicker editing directly inside the preview window with background object support.
Nested Project Editing
Add and edit multiple projects in your timeline for effortless creativity.
Pre-cut clips to save in your library and reuse throughout your projects.
Create Brush Mask in Mask Designer
Use the brush tool to create custom, irregular shaped masks to apply to video clips.
Improved Motion Tracking Accuracy
Track objects through your video with frame-by-frame control and title backgrounds.
Advanced Chroma Key
Significant improvements to our Chroma Key engine and advanced multi-key sampling.
Keyframe Opacity Editing
Use keyframes to edit video opacity directly on the timeline.
Redesigned Paint Designer
A much-improved workflow allows animated painted effects to be overlayed on videos.
Enhanced 360° Video Stabilization
Improved stabilization engine, plus the ability to adjust temporal and spatial ranges and axis rotation.
Expanded Format Support
Import WebM (VP9 video and Opus audio), import HEIC, export JPG and PNG image sequences, produce MKV with DTS/AAC audio.
Improved Subtitle Room
Import and export SRTs with customized fonts, colors, and styles.
Capture Webcam while Recording
Capture webcam footage as a PiP to screen recordings.
Updated Capture Module
Capture H.264 codec with preset or customized profiles.
Integrated and Expanded Audio Editing
Audio Editor integrated directly into the PowerDirector editing workflow allows for seamless audio editing, plus vcal transformer and echo effects.
Best Matched Profile
Selects the production profile that best suits your video based on the source clips.
Improved architecture enables more hardware decoding instances and Intel 8th Generation Core i CPU optimizations with TrueVelocity 8.
Point-of-Use Tutorials and Hotkeys
Learn more and edit faster with point-of-use tutorials and hotkey support.
Creative Editing Tools
- (New) Screen capture with Screen Recorder 2
- (New) Built-in audio editor
- (New) Point-of-use video tutorial
- (Enhanced) Keyframe opacity adjustments
- Vertical video import, editing, and export
- Produce 120/240 fps high frame rate video
- Color presets and Look-Up Table (LUT) support
- Audio ducking
- TrueTheater color and stabilizer
- Action camera editing tools
- Apply titles and images to motion path
Precision Design Tools
- (New) Frame-by-frame motion tracking
- (Enhanced) MultiCam designer
- (Enhanced) Video collage designer
- (Enhanced) PiP designer
- (Enhanced) Theme designer
- (Enhanced) Mask designer
- (Enhanced) Title designer
- (Enhanced) Paint designer
- (Enhanced) Subtitle room
- Menu designer
- True360 view designer
- Transition designer
Professional Editing Features
- (New) Nested project editing
- (New) Video pre-cut
- (New) Multi-sample chroma key
- (New) Produce image sequence
- (Enhanced) Advanced 360-degree Video Stabilizer
- Color match
- Split toning and HDR effect
- Video blending modes
- 360-degree video editing
- Convert titles and PiP to 360° objects
- Correct distortions (lens, color)
Performance & Formats
- (New) TrueVelocity 8
- (New) Best matched profile
- (New) WebM/VP9 support
- (Enhanced) 8th Generation Intel Core processor (Coffee Lake) optimization
- (Enhanced) Dolby and DTS 5.1 import/export
- Native 64-bit support
- Multi-GPGPU acceleration with OpenCL support
- NVIDIA and Intel H.265 (HEVC) hardware encoding
- NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD H.265 (HEVC) hardware decoding
- AVCHD 3D/progressive and XAVC-S camcorder support
- Import, edit, and produce 120/240 fps video
- DVD and Blu-ray authoring
CyberLink Premium Content Packs
- (New) Content Pack Premium 4
- (New) 50 background music tracks and 100 sound clips
- Content Pack Premium 1
- Content Pack Premium 2
- Content Pack Premium 3
3rd-Party Plug-Ins & Effects
- ProDAD Adorage 13 Lite
- NewBlue Essentials 1
CyberLink PhotoDirector 10 Ultra (DVD and Download Code)
Versatile software for editing a variety of image types PhotoDirector 10 Ultra from CyberLink has a wide range of controls well-suited to a creative photo editing workflow. Using a layer-based editing system, complex photo composites can be created in a non-destructive manner for more control and freedom. A variety of masking, blending, and adjustment tools afford greater creativity and flexibility, along with the ability to intelligently apply image corrections and work with Dehaze and Defringe functions for improved clarity. For the ultimate in efficiency, Express Template and AI Style packs can be used to perform automated edits and complex composites with a single click. Benefitting portrait photographers, a variety of adjustment tools are available, including skin smoothing, face retouching, skin tone, and body shaper tools that can be used to achieve the perfect portrait. Ideal for those working with 360° cameras, too, specialized tools are available to highlight the 360° recording with "Little Planet" imagery or to produce striking wide-field panoramas. Also, enabling the use of video content to produce dynamic still photographs, Video-to-Face Swap, Motion Stills, and Photos from Video functions can be used to create a unique sense of motion or simply to ensure all your subjects are smiling and have their eyes open. Additionally, for saving and backing up all of your work and settings, 25GB of CyberLink cloud storage is included.
- AI Style Effects can be used to automatically convert your photographs and videos into digital artworks.
- Layer Masks and Layer Clipping Masks can be used to apply selective edits to your imagery in a simple, non-destructive manner for greater creative freedom.
- Adjustment Layers allow you apply non-destructive brightness, contrast, and color adjustments to your images.
- Layer Grouping lets you keep related layers together for a faster and more organized workflow.
- Advanced text editing can be used in conjunction with layers for easier application and fitting of text over imagery.
- Content-aware cloning is a simple means for removing or duplicating objects in a photo by simple brushing over them.
- Tethered shooting lets you shoot and view images from a computer for a faster, more efficient editing workflow within a studio situation.
- Soft proofing more accurately simulates colors prior to printing.
- Keystone correction is possible with a single click for quickly adjusting perspective distortion and straightening imagery.
- A calendar view is available to help organize and sort files based on the date and time they were taken.
- HEIF files are supported during import for a greater range of camera and smartphone compatibility.
- GIFs can be imported as a multi-image sequence, and frames can be separated to produce a multi-exposure effect.
- More preset effects can be used for quickly adjusting the look of images.
- Four additional watermark templates are available for applying an additional layer of security and branding to your work.
- Lens correction profiles have been updated to support a greater range of lenses.
- The Face Tagging user interface has been updated for more intuitive use when working in the Media Library.
- Point-of-Use tutorials make it faster and easier to learn the software and include support for learning hotkeys for an even faster workflow.
- Express Template Packs are available through the CyberLink store and contain all of the layer components that comprise complex image compositions. These templates are an easy way to produce dynamic images as well as learn how the individual layers work together to produce a finished result.
- AI Style Packs can be acquired through the CyberLink store and utilize the updated AI Style Engine to automatically analyze and identify photos and then intelligently apply brushstrokes to produce a unique painterly image.
- One-Click Photo Presets can be used to quickly and easily adjust the look of your images, and apply effects such as HDR, black & white, and split tone, as well as a range of specific presets for portraits and landscapes.
- One-Click Keystone Correction intelligently fixes perspective distortion in order to remove keystoning, adjust unwanted converging lines, and straighten horizontal lines to appear parallel to the horizon.
- Working with video clips in order to produce captivating still images, you can use footage to extract a series of images and composite them into a single multi-exposure frame. Video can also be used to produce Motion Stills, where a portion of the image frame retains its movement while other parts of the frame will appear frozen in time. Additionally, video footage can also be used to produce the perfect group portrait by selecting separate moments where everyone is smiling and their eyes are open.
- Editing of 360° images is also possible: A Little Planet feature emphasizes the spherical recording capabilities of a 360° camera and produces a unique globe-like effect. Alternatively, panoramic images can also be produced from a 360° capture for making flat, wide-field imagery, and a straightening tool can be used to remove distortions for straighter horizons.
- For portraits, a wide variety of beautification tools are available to enhance faces and other body details. These simple touch-up tools can be used to quickly remove imperfections in selfies, portraits, and group shots.
- Dehaze slider lets you clear away haze, fog, and smog to produce clearer imagery.
- Defringe tool removes unwanted color fringing from image for a sharper, cleaner appearance.
- Tethered shooting support is available for gaining a larger live view image from your camera on your computer's screen.
- Soft proofing lets you simulate the look of the image printed with color gamut warnings to make sure your prints are color-accurate and within an appropriate tonal range.
- Advanced layer editing offers greater flexibility and the ability to produce unique composites through the use of image, text, and graphics. Different blending modes and masks can be used to fine-tune compositions, along with adjustment layers, group layers, clipping masks, and advanced text editing in multiple layers.
- Content-aware editing makes it simple to remove, duplicate, or move objects within an image by brushing over them. An intelligent algorithm then blends areas to match the surrounding background for a seamless finish.
- CyberLink Cloud integrates perfectly with PhotoDirector for safely storing your files and system settings.
- Included with PhotoDirector is 25GB of cloud storage, which can be upgraded through the CyberLink store.
- Besides backing up files to the cloud, this storage service can also be used for sharing your project files with others.
- System settings can be backed up in addition to the files themselves, allowing for an easier transition to a new computer or when reinstalling an operating system.