With the Celestron TrailSeeker 65 16-48x65 Spotting Scope and Smartphone Adapter Kit from B&H, you'll enjoy bright, detailed views of distant objects and scenes—and you'll be able to capture images and video of what you see on your phone, quickly and easily. The angled-viewing scope features fully multi-coated optics and coarse/fine dual-focus controls for a tack-sharp view. The adapter fits most popular smartphones.
Celestron TrailSeeker 65 16-48x65 Spotting Scope (Angled Viewing)
The 45° angled-viewing TrailSeeker 65 16-48x65 Spotting Scope by Celestron features a versatile 16-48x zoom eyepiece to provide views from generous vistas at the lower power to tight, detailed images at the higher end. Proprietary anti-reflection XLT fully multi-coated optics allow for efficient light transmission through the optical path for crisp, high-contrast views. Dual focus offers precise image control by allowing a preliminary coarse focus, which you can then refine using the fine-focus control for a tack-sharp view.
The angled eyepiece permits comfortable glassing whether standing, sitting or lying flat on the ground. You can rotate the scope in its tripod collar a full 360° to put the eyepiece in the best position. The TrailSeeker 65 has a nitrogen-filled waterproof housing that won't fog up in humid conditions and features a sliding sunshade to keep glare or raindrops off the objective lens. To facilitate digiscoping, a T-adapter is included so you can mount a T-ring compatible with your DSLR to the eyepiece. For adverse weather conditions, a stay-on carrying case is included, which can be left on the scope during use—zippers fore and aft open for the objective lens and the eyepiece. The TrailSeeker is designed to use standard 1.25" astronomical eyepieces, so in addition to the included zoom eyepiece, you can use other eyepieces on your spotting scope to achieve higher magnifications, wider field of views, etc.
- Zoom magnification: 16-48x
- Objective lens: 65mm
- Proprietary XLT lens multi-coating reduces reflection for greater light transmission
- BAK4 prism
Use and Handling
- Angled viewing: Eyepiece is at a 45° angle for more comfortable viewing from various positions
- Dual focusing allows you to get subjects in focus quickly with coarse focus control and then refine the image with the fine-focus control
- Scope rotates 360° in its tripod collar for positional flexibility
- Sliding sunshade to keep glare or moisture off the objective lens
- Twist-up eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Nitrogen-filled body is water and fogproof
- Durable rubber-armored polycarbonate housing
- Stay-on carrying bag with shoulder strap allows for faster setup and breakdown while keeping the bag off the ground
- T-adapter step ring accepts user-supplied T-ring for mounting DSLR for digiscoping
Celestron Basic Smartphone Digiscoping Adapter (1.25")
Capture still images and videos of celestial and terrestrial objects with virtually any smartphone through almost any 1.25" eyepiece with Celestron's Basic Smartphone Digiscoping Adapter. Ideal for telescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes, monoculars, microscopes, and any other type of optic with an eyepiece, the design allows it to be used on most oculars with outside diameters between 29mm (1.14") and 45mm (1.77"). The rigid frame is made of sturdy and lightweight aluminum with non-slip padding on clamping points to secure it to your eyepiece and mount your smartphone without marking or marring its surfaces. A clamping system holds the adapter securely on the eyepiece and locks in place, while an adjustment system allows for precise phone camera alignment.