B&H assembled this Celestron Labs S10-60 Stereo Microscope Digiscoping Kit to give students and hobbyists the ability to view the microscopic world, then capture photos and videos of the magnified view—for sharing on social media or inclusion on projects. The kit includes the comfortable-to-use binocular microscope and their basic smartphone digiscoping adapter that fits over one of the eyepieces.
CELESTRON LABS S10-60 Stereo Microscope
Designed for students and hobbyists, Celestron Lab's S10-60 Stereo Microscope is a versatile instrument for making detailed 3D observations of a variety of subjects such as coins, minerals, insects, leaves, textiles and documents. Dual eyepieces preserve stereoscopic vision which renders images in three dimensions, as opposed to a flat field common in single-ocular microscopes. Stereo, or dissecting, microscopes traditionally have relatively low power and a large working distance for larger subjects. This instrument has a magnification range from 10x to 60x with a maximum working distance of 2.17". The head and nosepiece are attached to the microscopes' pillar and is easily adjustable to set the correct working distance to achieve the sharpest focus.
The stage is built into the base to provide a large and stable area for specimens. Dual light sources above and below the stage and interchangeable stage plates enable users to optimize the light, depending on their subjects. Use the upper light and opaque plate to improve contrast on specimens for better viewing, and the lower light with the translucent plate to illuminate a specimen from below.
- Two 10x wide field eyepieces
- Two 20x wide field eyepieces
- Two objectives: 1x and 3x
- Two-position rotating turret
- 10x and 30x magnification with 10x eyepieces
- 20x and 60x magnification with 20x eyepieces
- Contoured eyecups block peripheral light
- Upper tungsten bulb illumination
- Lower halogen bulb illumination
- On/off switch
- Dual coarse focus knob, left and right sides
- Siedentopf interpupillary adjustment accommodates a wide range of users
- Right-eye dioptric adjustment
- Adjustable working distance, 2.17" maximum
- Stage is integrated into base with slide/specimen clips
- Removable 3.7" diameter round stage plates for different viewing application
- Translucent: Light passes through the plate and illuminates the specimen from below
- Opaque: Optimal when using the top illuminator and helps to improve contrast on specimens for better viewing
Celestron Basic Smartphone Digiscoping Adapter (1.25")
Capture still images and videos of celestial and terrestrial objects with virtually any smartphone through almost any 1.25" eyepiece with Celestron's Basic Smartphone Digiscoping Adapter. Ideal for telescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes, monoculars, microscopes, and any other type of optic with an eyepiece, the design allows it to be used on most oculars with outside diameters between 29mm (1.14") and 45mm (1.77"). The rigid frame is made of sturdy and lightweight aluminum with non-slip padding on clamping points to secure it to your eyepiece and mount your smartphone without marking or marring its surfaces. A clamping system holds the adapter securely on the eyepiece and locks in place, while an adjustment system allows for precise phone camera alignment.