The myMix MADI32-FER is a MADI to myMix interface system designed to add 32 analog or digital inputs to your existing myMix setup. It includes two myMix IEX-16L-A 16-channel input expanders, a Ferrofish A32 32-channel AD/DA converter, and their external power supplies. Connect your sources to the Ferrofish's balanced analog, ADAT optical, and MADI optical inputs, then hook up its outputs to the DB25 or optical inputs of the IEX-16L-A input expanders. Each input expander integrates to your audio network via a front-panel RJ45 port.
Ferrofish A32 - AD/DA Converter with ADAT and MADI Interfaces (Multi Mode)
Using Cirrus Logic converters, the multi-mode Ferrofish A32 is an AD/DA converter with ADAT and MADI interfaces featuring dedicated analog input and output switches for selecting between +4 dBu, +13 dBu, and +20 dBu on each channel. The levels between can be set by the unit's SHARC DSP to accommodate a wide variety of professional and consumer equipment with optimized analog performance.
The 1RU rackmountable unit includes four TFT screens for visual feedback when adjusting the interface's screens. The levels of all 64 analog channels can be clearly seen with high resolution metering. For convenience, the unit explains, via help screens, how the interface operates in five different languages.
For virtually jitterless clocking of the converters, the master clock of the unit uses a temperature compensated oscillator, which can also be used with a MADI or ADAT clock source.
For reliability, the unit features two power inputs as well as redundant MADI via optical and coax connections.
With one touch of the encoder you can see the headphone screen where you can adjust the volume and select the source for the unit's headphone output. Up to seven mixes can be stored at a time with the option of selecting one to listen to on the headphones.
The interface utilizes a fourth generation SHARC DSP, which is connected to all 258 analog and digital channels and is able to freely route, process, and mix all signals.
- Multi-mode configuration for stage/studio applications - industry-standard audio transmission via MADI
- In multi-mode, signals can be transmitted over distances up to 1.2 miles/2 km
- 32 x balanced analog I/O via D-Sub25 connectors, 32 to 192 kHz
- 64 x 64 MADI channels—optical and coaxial
- 32 x 32 ADAT channels—Toslink connectors
- ADAT connectors can alternately be used as an optical S/PDIF or AES/EBU interface
- Redundant MADI for backup—connect to both MADI optical and coaxial and the input automatically switches to the other source, if sync is lost
- Thermally stabilized oscillator with very low jitter and high stability
- MIDI over MADI—unit can be remote-controlled using MIDI data embedded in the same MADI cable
- Zero-latency audio transfer between MADI input and MADI output—daisy-chain multiple A32 without any added latency or delay compensation
- Cirrus Logic converters
- 400 MHz SHARC DSP processes all 258 audio channels
- SMUX up to 192 kHz
- BNC Wordclock I/O
- MIDI in/out
- Headphone/sub-mix output
- 4 x TFT screens show all analog input and output levels at the same time and allow visualization of all settings—peak and level display
- Intuitive one-knob operation and integrated help system, for ease of use
- Preset management
- Extensive routing/mixing—route internally between all I/O channels and create sub-mixes
- Individual delay-compensation of all analog outputs
myMix IEX-16L-A 16-Channel Input Expander for myMix Systems
The myMix IEX-16L-A 16-Channel Input Expander comes with two DB25 connectors and allows connection of up to 16 balanced line-level signals that can be fed from devices such as mixing consoles or external microphone pre-amps. The IEX16L-A comes with two 8-channel ADAT inputs that can be activated individually. This allows usage of 16 line level sources or 8 line level sources and 8 ADAT inputs, or 16 ADAT inputs on a single IEX-16L-A expander.
Multiple IEX-16L expanders can be used in a myMix network. The IEX-16L-A can be configured using any myMix device on the network or the optional myMix CONTROL software, including input channel naming and stereo linking. The configuration is stored automatically in the IEX-16L-A. The optional myMix CONTROL software allows uploading/downloading of complete settings for the IEX-16L-A expander. The expander can be locked by connecting a myMix to the CONFIG port, or via the myMix CONTROL. The CONFIG ports provide all the data but no audio. It can also be used to connect the myMix CONTROL network interface (myMIx PLUG).