This Cokin NUANCES Extreme Z-Pro Series Soft-Edge Graduated Neutral Density Filter Kit contains three graduated neutral density filters that are designed for use with a Cokin Z-Pro Series Filter Holder. Each filter within this kit helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filters are densest at the top and taper to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. Neutral density filters with a soft-edged line of transition are able to filter the sky while minimizing their effect on the land. They are particularly useful where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and these filters provide up to a 2-, 3-, or 4-stop reduction in light from entering a lens.
Cokin NUANCES Extreme filters are constructed from tempered, shock-resistant glass and feature nano-metallic alloy film coatings on both sides of the filter surface to attenuate infrared light while maintaining true color fidelity, even when stacked with other Cokin NUANCES or NUANCES Extreme filters. Anti-glare coatings further help to reduce surface reflections for increased contrast and clarity, while additional hydrophobic coatings result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency. Additionally, Cokin NUANCES Extreme filters feature C-shaped edges. This rounded edge shape resists chipping to further enhance durability.
For use with a Cokin Z-Pro Series Filter Holder, a light-blocking gasket is included. This gasket forms a seal that is intended to prevent stray light, which could have unwanted effects on exposure, from coming in between the filter and the lens behind it. A microfiber cloth is also provided for cleaning and maintenance of the filters.
- Three graduated neutral density filters that are compatible with a Cokin Z-Pro Series Filter Holder
- Darken bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected
- Provide up to a 2-, 3-, or 4-stop reduction in light in selective areas of the image
- Filters do not affect the overall coloration of the image
- Soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas
- Useful for images where the transition between sky and foreground is indeterminate, such as images featuring mist, fog, or the tops of trees
- Tempered, shock-resistant glass construction maintains high optical clarity with low reflectivity
- A nano-metallic alloy applied to both sides of each filter attenuates infrared light and ensures neutral coloration even when stacked with other Cokin NUANCES or NUANCES Extreme filters
- Anti-glare coatings help to reduce surface reflections for increased contrast and color fidelity
- Hydrophobic coatings result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency
- C-shaped edges resist chipping to further enhance durability
- Padded pouches to store and transport each filter
- When combined with a Cokin Z-Pro Series Filter Holder, included gasket helps to prevent light from coming in between a filter and the lens behind it, which can have an unwanted effect on exposure
- Microfiber cleaning cloth for filter cleaning and maintenance