The sensor and processor combination also avails fast continuous shooting at up to 10 fps at full resolution, for up to 177 consecutive frames, and with full-time AF/AE when working with either a mechanical shutter or an electronic shutter. If shooting in live view mode, a continuous shooting rate of up to 8 fps is also possible.
The high-speed, 120 fps recording also enables 4x and 5x slow-motion movie recording with the frame rate set to either 30p or 24p. In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
- Lock-on AF maintains focus on moving subjects through the use of a configurable frame that is set over the desired moving subject
- Expand Flexible Spot employs neighboring focus points to retain focus on moving subjects even if the originally selected point loses focus
- Eye AF can be used to base focus on recognized subjects' eyes for portraits and is available in both AF-S and AF-C modes
- Focus Magnifier function can be used for critical focus when homing in on minute subject details
- Rear touchscreen can also be used for Touch Focus control and a Touchpad Focus Control mode lets you use the rear screen intuitively while keeping your eye to the viewfinder
For long focal lengths, the system will correct for pitch and yaw adjustments. Macro and high-magnification imagery, on the other hand, will benefit from the inclusion of horizontal and vertical shift compensation. All shooting styles will get usage out of the roll compensation. All 5 axes of stabilization will function at all times, even when used with third-party lenses and adapters or lenses with built-in optical stabilization.
- The XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF features a 2.36m-dot resolution and 0.78x magnification for bright, clear viewing in high detail.
- In addition to the EVF, a 3.0" 922k-dot rear LCD is also available, which has a touch panel design for intuitive operation and focusing control. The screen also tilts upward 107° and downward 41° to benefit working from high and low angles.
- Magnesium-alloy chassis assures rigidity, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight. The lens mount has also been improved to better support heavy lenses and the grip rigidity has been improved for more comfortable hand-holding.
- Weather-sealing has been employed to resist dust and moisture for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions.
- Using the NP-FZ100 battery, the a7 III has improved battery life and is now rated for approximately 710 shots per charge.
- Dual SD memory card slots allow for flexible file saving and handling, and can be configured to partition raw and JPEG files or can be used for overflow recording. One of the card slots is rated to support UHS-II memory cards.
- A USB 3.0 Type-C port has been added, in addition to a micro-USB port, for faster, more reliable tethering support. The USB Type-C connection allows the camera to be charged from the host power source while connected.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a7 III to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Three aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- An internal focus mechanism and linear motor contribute to faster, more responsive system and easier handling.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as raw and burst photography, the 128GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 128GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 200 MB/s and write speeds max out at 90 MB/s. A built-in write-protect switch helps to safeguard against the accidental erasure of card data.
While this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-I / V30 / U3 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-I / V30 / U3. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-I and U1, which supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s, or Class 10, which also supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
As with most SanDisk cards, this memory card is shockproof, X-ray proof, waterproof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing you to take this card with you into extreme environments, such as snow, deserts, and pools. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download RescuePRO Deluxe software as well as a limited lifetime warranty.
The Journey 34 DSLR Shoulder Bag, in black, from Ruggard stores and protects your compact DSLR or mirrorless camera with an attached lens and grip. It also fits up to two extra lenses and various small accessories. This handsome bag features a large flap with a quick release buckle, and double-pull zipper closure. The main compartment has four padded, touch-fastening dividers for organizing equipment. A light gray interior lining makes it easier to locate gear in low light. Under the lid is a large, zippered, mesh accessory pocket. Small accessories are easily accommodated in the front exterior zippered pocket. Inside this pocket are two slip-in pockets, two memory card pockets with touch-fastening flaps, and a zippered mesh pocket.
Photographers will appreciate the neoprene water bottle/accessory pocket located on the exterior left side of the bag. On the opposite side is a strap for attaching accessories. Carry the Journey 34 Shoulder Bag by the padded top handle, or wear with the removable, adjustable, padded shoulder strap. The strap has swiveling snap-hooks that attach to metal D-rings on either side of bag. And on the back of the bag is a trolley strap that comes in handy when traveling with rolling luggage. Two strips of plastic feet on the bottom of the bag help protect it against abrasion. This well-made bag is constructed from weather-resistant polyester and ballistic nylon.
The Watson NP-FZ100 V3 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack is compatible with the same camera models as the Sony NP-FZ100 battery, and also supports the latest generation camera models. This replacement battery pack features a capacity of 2250mAh, 7.2V of output power, and 16.2 watt-hours. Small and lightweight, lithium-ion batteries can be charged or discharged at any time in their load cycle without developing memory effect.