The Vienna Symphonic Library SYNCHRON-ized Appassionata Strings brings the lush and broad sound of the acclaimed Appassionata Strings to Stage A of Synchron Stage, Vienna. The library was created by completely remastering and reediting the sample database, which is optimized for the Vienna Synchron Player and provides a modern Appassionata string sound that excels in terms of aesthetics, playability, and realism.
SYNCHRON-ized Appassionata Strings features 76 instruments including 20 first violins, 20 second violins, 14 violas, 12 cellos, and 10 double basses. The instruments not only cover lavish ensembles that lend themselves to soaring emotive themes, but also to action-packed scores, producing that larger-than-life cinematic sound to which Synchron Stage Vienna's film-scoring clients are returning repeatedly.
The Vienna Synchron Player is one of the most powerful sample playback engines on the market, which provides unprecedented streaming performances while maintaining ease of use. In addition to the previously existing articulations of Appassionata Strings, Vienna added non-vibrato sustains, legatos, and portamentos for more versatile and flexible expressive options, as well as improvements to the already great-sounding legato transitions. What's more, new sustains with very soft attacks allow for especially gentle beginnings of notes. The volume levels of all articulations were completely overhauled and provide perfectly balanced levels not only among the ensembles themselves but also in interaction with Synchron Strings I and SYNCHRON-ized Chamber Strings
Also integrated into the Synchron Player, Vienna incorporated a specifically designed convolution reverb derived from Vienna MIR Pro, which provides the remarkable ambiance of the main hall of the Synchron Stage Vienna with strategically engineered reverberation and placement presets, which combine an impulse response for each group within the ensemble, resulting in a production-ready sound, out of the box.
- Completely remastered and reedited sample database
- Optimized for our new Vienna Synchron Player
- Production-ready sound, out of the box
- Larger-than-life cinematic sound
- Authentic placement in Synchron Stage Vienna, one of the world's best sounding scoring stages
- Balanced levels, especially in interaction with Synchron Strings I and SYNCHRON-ized Chamber Strings
- Appassionata 1st Violins, 2nd Violins, Violas, Cellos
- Sustained normal – without, with normal and strong vibrato
- Sustained soft – without, with normal and strong vibrato
- Legato – without, with normal and strong vibrato
- Portamento – without, with normal and strong vibrato
- Fast legato – with and without vibrato
- Licks – up and down
- Sforzato and sforzatissimo
- Appassionata Basses
Synchron Stage Vienna
- 5813 ft² (540 m²) hall optimized for film music recordings and sampling sessions
- Lush and warm sound with precise localization of all sound sources, both in depth and in the stereo or surround environment
- Blends perfectly with Synchron Strings I and SYNCHRON-ized Chamber Strings