Comprising the essentials needed to begin shooting, the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Digital Camera with Accessories Kit from B&H bundles the sleek point-and-shoot with a memory card, an external battery charger, and a protective camera case.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Digital Camera
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Digital Camera is a versatile and advanced point-and-shoot featuring a large 20.1 megapixel 1" Exmor R CMOS sensor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD video. This sensor's design utilizes backside-illuminated technology to improve clarity and image quality when working in dimly lit conditions as well as increase the sensitivity to a native ISO 12800. Benefitting the performance of this sensor is the BIONZ X image processor, which helps to produce images with smooth quality and tonal gradations as well as provide expedited performance throughout all aspects of the camera, including a continuous shooting rate of 10 fps in Speed Priority mode, shutter release lag of 0.008 sec., and XAVC S movie recording at 50 Mbps.
The built-in Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 2.9x zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-70mm, covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of environments. An f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low lighting and controlling focus throughout the zoom range. Optical SteadyShot image stabilization is also available to help minimize the appearance of camera shake when working in dimly lit conditions and with greater zoom magnifications. Furthermore, a built-in three-stop ND filter is incorporated into the camera's design to suit shooting in bright conditions with wider apertures and for greater control over how movement is depicted. The lens also features a Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating, which helps to reduce surface reflections, lens flare, and ghosting in order to produce imagery that is rich in contrast and clarity.
Complementing the imaging capabilities of the RX100 III is a sleek body design featuring both an electronic viewfinder and a tilting LCD screen. The 0.39" 1,440k-dot SVGA OLED Tru-Finder has Zeiss T*-coated optics and provides a bright, clear means for eye-level viewing. It features a unique pop-up mechanism that helps to maintain the compact form factor of the camera when carrying or if preferring to work with the rear screen. The 3.0" 1,229k-dot Xtra Fine LCD incorporates WhiteMagic technology for easier visibility in bright conditions and its tilting design permits greater usability from high, low, and front-facing angles. Furthermore, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC allows instant image sharing to, as well as remote camera control and monitoring from, linked mobile devices.
20.1MP 1" Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
Also benefitting the image quality, as well as overall camera performance, is the BIONZ X image processor, which provides continuous shooting up to 10 fps in Speed Priority Mode, 2.9 fps shooting with single-shot AF, a shutter lag time of just 0.008 sec., and a start-up time of 1.6 sec.
Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
Benefitting the 2.9x reach of this lens, as well as supporting working in difficult lighting conditions and with longer shutter speeds, is Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which helps to offset the effects of camera shake. When recording movies, the image stabilization utilizes an Intelligent Active Mode, which also uses electronic image stabilization to compensate for both camera shake and rolling shutter effects.
Additionally, a neutral density 0.9 filter is incorporated into the camera's design, which provides a reduction of three stops in exposure to enable working in bright conditions with wider aperture settings and for greater control over how subject movement is rendered.
For intuitive, SLR-like adjustments over a variety of camera settings, a manual control ring surrounds the lens and features a smooth, clickless design for quick and quiet changing of settings. The ring can be assigned to control a variety of features, at different values, such as zoom, aperture, and Picture Effects. A step-zoom feature can be utilized, too, to allow instant switching between commonly used focal lengths.
Full HD Video Recording
Benefitting advanced video applications, the RX100 III also supports clean HDMI output for recording uncompressed video via an optional external recorder and for real-time viewing on an accessory monitor. Recording frame rates include 24p, 60p, and 60i, and the shooting info display can be turned off during recording for a cleaner view when utilizing an external monitor.
Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Additionally, PlayMemories Camera Apps are also supported via the built-in Wi-Fi connection, and allow you to personalize the camera's features depending on specific shooting styles. Apps are available to suit creating portraits, detailed close-ups, sports, time lapse, motion shot, and other specific types of imagery.
Other Camera Features
- A contrast-detection autofocus system works to acquire precise focus using single-shot or continuous AF modes. When working with moving subjects, Lock-on AF, with wide, center, and flexible spots, adjusts the target frame size as the subject moves throughout the image frame. Face detection and face registration technologies can be used to base focus on recognized faces and Eye AF is also available, which is a detail-oriented focusing function that prioritizes and dedicates focusing performance on a subject's pupil for sharply rendered portraits.
- For manual focus control, DMF (Direct Manual Focus) and standard manual focus options are available. Benefitting precise manual focus, focus peaking can be used, which highlights edges of contrast within the frame for a more objective means of determining critical sharpness, or MF Assist is available, which enlarges the image for a better view of important details.
- A zebra function can be used for easier detection of exposure clipping to prevent overexposure.
- A dedicated Custom button permits assigning of one of 42 possible functions for instant, one-touch access to a chosen control.
- A digital level gauge detects pitch and roll types of movement and helps to produce even, consistent horizons and plumb verticals.
- Smile Shutter technology enables the camera to automatically release the shutter when a subject's smile is detected
- Multi Frame NR records consecutive images at a reduced ISO sensitivity and then composites them into a single image to realize higher effective sensitivity (up to an equivalent ISO 25600) with minimal image noise. Standard image compositing is comprised of four exposures and High image compositing utilizes 12 distinct exposures.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) works to improve images featuring backlit subjects or scenes with high contrast where details can be lost in the shadows or highlights. This mode can be controlled automatically or fine-tuned using five settings.
- Picture Effect modes allow you to apply creative settings and emphasize certain facets of individual images for a richer, more aesthetic picture quality. Posterization (Color/B&W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-Key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-Tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration modes are available.
- Creative Style settings provide control over how the camera processes images based on different predetermined styles: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, and Style Box. Within these settings, contrast, saturation, and sharpness can also be adjusted depending on personal preference.
- To extend the effective reach of the optical zoom lens, Clear Image digital zoom can be used to intelligently magnify scenes up to 5.8x at full-resolution. This digital zoom technology uses an intelligent interpolation process to minimize the amount of image degradation in order to produce realistic, high-quality images.
- In-camera creation of 4K slide shows is possible for rich playback to ultrahigh-definition televisions. An HDMI port is incorporated into the camera's design, too, to enable direct connection to HDTVs.
- TRILUMINOS Color support is supported to produce rich, natural colors when imagery is viewed on a TRILUMINOS Display.
- The included AC adapter and USB cable permits in-camera charging of the rechargeable Lithium-ion battery.
Ruggard HFV-260 Protective Camera Case
The HFV-260 Protective Camera Case from Ruggard is a semi-hard shell case that can hold your digital point-and-shoot camera or smartphone. The tough outer shell protects the contents from bumps, abrasions, and incidental contact while the inside, with its softer lining, will be gentle on the screen and finish of your camera.
Access is via the pouch's dual zippers that open the clamshell casing for easy retrieval of your gear. Carrying the pouch is made easy by its removable neck strap or handy belt loop that will leave you handsfree for other pursuits. The pouch is topped off with a front sewn-in Ruggard logo and three-year warranty.
Watson Compact AC/DC Charger for NP-BX1 Battery
This versatile Compact AC/DC Charger from Watson charges NP-BX1-type lithium-ion batteries via the included, dedicated battery plate. The charger runs on 100-240 VAC power, allowing for worldwide use. It features a foldout, two-prong US plug and is supplied with a European plug adapter and a 12 VDC car charger that plugs into the auxiliary power outlet. This makes it ideal for use both at home and on the road.
The Compact AC/DC Charger features a USB output for charging MP3 players, phones, digital cameras, and other devices with a USB power input - even while charging the camera or camcorder batteries. The battery adapter plates are easily interchangeable, so the charger can also be used with other batteries when paired with a dedicated battery plate, available separately.
SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card
Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as raw and burst photography, the 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 64GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 170 MB/s and write speeds max out at 90 MB/s. A built-in write-protect switch helps to safeguard against the accidental erasure of card data.
While this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-I / V30 / U3 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-I / V30 / U3. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-I and U1, which supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s, or Class 10, which also supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
As with most SanDisk cards, this memory card is shockproof, X-ray proof, waterproof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing you to take this card with you into extreme environments, such as snow, deserts, and pools. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download RescuePRO Deluxe software as well as a limited lifetime warranty.