Use your Nikon Z7/Z6 mirrorless camera to capture the beauty of sea life and environments at depths as great as 328' with the Sea & Sea MDX-Z7 Underwater Housing. This aluminum-bodied waterproof enclosure is equipped with dual fiber-optic cable ports and support for an optional, internal Optical YS Converter for fiber-optic strobe use, as well as an N-Type 2-pin connector, for sync cord strobes. Ergonomic, mechanical controls, including levers, push buttons, and dials, provide access to virtually all camera functions, while dual side grips offer better balance and handling and give you attachment points for lighting arms.
Built for durability, the housing is constructed from precision-machined aluminum that has been anodized for resistance to corrosion. A built-in leak sensor alerts you immediately in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal.
The MDX-Z7 ships without a required lens port, and accepts a series of interchangeable ports for various lenses. For compatibility details, see the Port Chart. The housing's focus and zoom gears work with standard F mount lenses and the Nikon FTZ adapter, as well as with Z mount lenses. The housing's external port lock and lens release function allow you to swap lenses quickly and easily between dives--without removing the back of the housing. Optional VF45 and VF180 viewfinders can be added on for easier viewing underwater.
- Depth rating: 328'
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you in the unlikely event of a breach in the waterproof seal
- Built to be durable, housing is precision-machined from anodized aluminum alloy for resistance to corrosion
- Grips are made from a die-cast aluminum alloy, which is also corrosion resistant
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc anodes that will corrode to protect sensitive parts of housing
- Cold shoe mount for connecting lighting arms and other accessories
Strobe Connection and Use
- Configured with dual fiber-optic cable ports, an N-Type 2-pin sync cord connector, and support for optional, internal Optical YS Converter--all for attachment of external strobes to improve lighting
- Sync cord connector allows for manual flash exposure
- YS Converter converts camera's TTL signal into a light signal, which allows for external flash triggering via the optional Fiber-Optic Cable II. Both TTL and manual exposure are possible with optional, external YS series strobes
Controls, Handling, and Operation
- Ergonomic, mechanical controls, including levers, push buttons, and dials, provide access to virtually all camera functions, including diopter adjustment dial
- Important controls, such as Info, ISO, and FN, have been positioned on right and left sides to make them easily accessible while you're holding grips
- When focus/zoom dial is pulled out, gear inside housing moves outwards to allow lenses with large diameters to be mounted easily
- Two comfortable, grooved side grips offer better balance and handling and give you attachment points for optional lighting arms
- Comes standard with 0.5x optical viewfinder
- Optional VF180 and VF45 1.2x viewfinders can be added on to enhance your view through camera's finder for better shot composition underwater
Lens Port System
- Ships without a required lens port
- Accepts a series of interchangeable ports for various lenses
- For compatibility details, see port chart linked above