The electronic download of the Windows-compatible PG Music Band-in-a-Box 2019 Pro is automatic accompaniment and music creating software designed to provide a virtual backing band for songwriters, musicians, and composers. It can generate rhythm tracks, chords, melodies, and solos in a variety of musical genres, from jazz to dubstep. Band-in-a-Box 2019 includes 64-bit and 32-bit application versions and can operate as a standalone app or as a VST plug-in within your DAW.
Band-in-a-Box 2019 provides expanded tracks of performances by noted studio musicians and a plethora of MIDI loops and phrases to inspire and enhance creativity. VST and Audio Units plug-in support, Hi-Q MIDI instruments, the included AmpliTube guitar amp simulator, and harmony generators allow you to create complex arrangements. The process of learning songs is simplified, due to the Audio Chord Wizard, which detects the harmonies, tempo, and key of imported audio. Songs can be rendered as audio or sheet music, making collaboration and sharing easy. In addition to the supporting Video RealTracks, compound time signatures, audio tuning, and ABC notation, the 2019 version of Band-in-a-Box includes the VSTSynthFont64 General MIDI synth, a redesigned SongPicker, StyleMaker improvements, MIDI drums notation, and much more.
New to 2019 Version
Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plug-In
- The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
- The song list build is more efficient. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
- A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than three seconds.
- You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list, and even copy and paste it to a text file.
- Filter the song list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year-of-file dates.
- Search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
Advanced Search Filter
- If the style list needs rebuilding, it tells you within the StylePicker instead of showing a message that requires a response.
- The rebuild is 75% faster than before, taking just one-fourth of the time.
- While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
- The style list can be filtered by specific RealTracks / RealDrums / MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks / MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
- You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
- The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button that links to the PG Music website, where information about Xtra Styles PAKs can be seen.
- The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
- The Set number display is improved and now includes sort-by-type and Xtra styles.
Drum Notation Support
Enhanced Loudness Control
- The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
- Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
- You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
- A style can have up to 70 RealTracks because the StyleMaker now supports the RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to ten simultaneous RealTracks playing.
Enhanced Audio Harmonies
Enhanced Song Titles Browser
- Band-in-a-Box 2019 features 300 more song titles—bringing the total to over 10,600—including requests from users.
- The chord density filter is available, and is displayed in the memo.
- The chord complexity filter is available.
- The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window now has an option to change the current beat resolution.
- Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines.
- In the Notation Windows Options dialog, the clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5 is middle C.
- The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
- You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.
- A new track type (Drums) is available for the Melody and Soloist tracks.
- Holding down the Ctrl key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in fine incremental adjustments in size.
- The new N mode for keystroke notation entry lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are: N to enter a note; up/down cursor to change its pitch; and left/right cursor to move the timeline.
- A new button in the Print Options dialog lets you quickly print a chords-only fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
- You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When the dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current notation track.
- Pressing the spacebar plays the song from the current time location rather than from the current bar.
Video Tracks and Export
Expanded Audio Functions
- Audio driver with ultra-low latency enables recording free of delay.
- The Audio Harmonies feature includes Audio Transcription, which converts a monophonic audio track to notation.
- The Fix Tuning feature allows you to correct an out-of-tune audio recording.
Advanced Time Signatures
ABC Notation Files
Hi-Q Guitar RealCharts
Song Titles Browser Window
Audio Editing Enhancements
Plug-Ins Options Dialogue
Enhanced Chord Sheet
- Layers have been added. Layers are optional rows of information shown above each bar.
- The Bar Lyrics layer is for all editable bar-based lyrics (up to 255 characters per bar) loaded and saved with the song.
- The Section Text layer is for any editable text (up to 255 characters per bar) loaded and saved with the song.
- The Section Text and Bar Lyrics layers will attempt to intelligently separate your lyrics into different bars.
- You have the option to automatically open or close the Bar Lyrics/Section Text layers when opening songs.
- The Bar Settings layer shows information about any changes that occur for that bar (tempo changes, key changes, etc.).
- The Additional Chord Display allows you to see the root notes of chords in four kinds of notation, including Roman Numeral, Nashville Notation, Solfeggio Notation, and Fixed Do (Italy/Europe).
- All layers can be customized as to font and color.
- Mouse-over indication shows the bar or cell over which you are hovering your mouse.
- The Display Options dialog has been added to customize Chord Sheet display.
- Colors for all elements on the Chord Sheet can be customized.
- Part markers can have a gradient look.
- You have the option to see borders around part markers.
- You can choose how often bar numbers should appear: never, always, only at part markers, or only at new rows.
- A vertical line can be drawn next to each bar number.
- Substyle colors can be used for optional bar lines, bar numbers, and section letters.
- There is an option to gray-out bars after the end of the song.
- 9sus chords can be displayed as 11 chords.
- The Display 2 as sus2, and Display sus as sus4 settings now show suspended chords more explicitly: Sus implies Sus4, while 2 implies sus2; still, you can see the full extension name if you desire to.
- The chords beyond the time signature will be grayed out.
- The superscript option shows chord extensions with smaller raised font.
- You can adjust the chord font size as a percentage.
- The number of columns can be customized. Previously, there were always 4 columns.
- When a song is loaded, the number of rows can be automatically set depending on the number of bars in the song.
- A new part marker can start a new line.
- Space between columns or rows is selectable.
- All the settings and colors can be saved and loaded as a .csc file.
- You can enter Bar Lyrics (bar-based lyrics) on the Chord Sheet.
Fake Sheet Mode
- The window is sizable by dragging the corner.
- The font size for the styles list is selectable.
- The styles list can be easily sorted by clicking on a column name.
- There is a button to quickly set a style in the list as your favorite.
- Quick filter: Type a text and/or select a category, time signature, feel, tempo, etc., and you will immediately see the filtered list.
- There is an automatic intelligent sorting of best style for the current song.
- 4-bar preview allows you to hear the first four bars of the current song using the selected style.
- There are buttons to find all style files and rebuild the list.
- The style list can be exported to a spreadsheet.
- The StylePicker Options dialog has been added for additional display options for the StylePicker.
Intelligent Style Suggestion
Vocal Synth Generation
Guitar Capo Support
Improved Melody Functions
- The Lead Sheet Window can display Bar Lyrics.
- Log of flash messages have been enhanced with an ability to record more message types.
- Changing a dB value in the StyleMaker for a track with loops is now an option.
- A No Loop button has been added to the Loops dialog.
- Options (no transpose, no slash chords) have been added to RealTracks.
- A new mode has been added to the Woodshed feature: When the tempo reaches max, it stays there.
- Option for relative note says b3, b5, b7—instead of 3b, 5b, 7b.
- Clicking on a piano on the Mixer adds a note to the notation at the current time in Editable mode.
- New UserTracks templates have been added to the Band-in-a Box/RealTracks/UserTracks/UserTracks Templates folder (and also in the Band-in-a-Box/data/TemplatesForUserTracks folder).
- The style demos have been redone with even volumes. Previously, the demos varied in volume from MIDI to RealTracks.
- RealTracks pushes happen a little later, sounding more musical, and the timing is tempo dependent.
- 1000 loops have been improved to sound better with styles.
- Stereo UserTracks are supported.
Key Features at a Glance
Automatic Music Accompaniment
Automatic Solo and Melody Generating
Real Recordings from Real Studio Pros
Scores of Suitable Styles for Soloing
Automatic Vocal Harmonies
Rendering and Export Options
VST & AU Support
Other Notable Features
- User interface with time-saving features, including a display window for piano notation / guitar tablature
- Import audio files and record audio tracks
- Over 300 RealTracks instruments
- Over 750 MIDI Styles
- 54 MIDI SuperTracks
- Over 150 MIDI Soloists
- Over 100 individual MIDI Melodists
- 21 Nature Sounds and Percussion Loops
- 22 different Artist Performances
- Over 1000 dubstep, modern, and Top 40 loops
- Over 340 hours of studio recordings