Sampled on a world-renowned stage utilizing precise robotic technology, the Vienna Symphonic Library Synchron Concert D-274 is a virtual instrument designed for composers, sound designers, or anyone else who wants the sound of a Concert D-274 piano in their digital library. This is the full library and works in mono, stereo, and surround.
This software offers over 4000 samples per key with every nuance of the instrument captured: body resonance, sympathetic resonance, and more are part of the sound. Dedicated release samples change depending on how hard you play your MIDI controller. Support is on hand for una corda, sostenuto, and sustain pedals, with half pedaling and re-pedaling as well.
Multiple microphones have been used to record the Concert D-274, which is a Hamburg model. The 11 microphone configurations are available to you, making use of mics such as the Sennheiser MKH 8040, the Royer SF-24, the Neumann M149, and more. Mono and stereo miking are both possible, as is surround. Run the software in surround and you'll be able to send different mics to different channels. You can also run a downmix of a surround sound preset in stereo for a more complex stereo sound.
The Synchron Concert D-274 comes with free software to give you multiple options for playing this virtual instrument. The playback engine sports an intuitive interface and works on Mac and Windows platforms. The virtual instrument itself is compatible with any DAW that supports AU, VST, or AAX plug-ins.
Key Features at a Glance
- Over 4000 samples per key for authenticity, liveliness, and feel
- Recorded in the natural ambiance of the Synchron Stage in Vienna
- Realistic sampling of piano's nuances, thanks to proprietary precision sampling technology
- Multiple microphone positions to fit any mix
- Intuitive Synchron Piano software with high-performance playback engine
- Six presets: Concert, Intimate, Player, Pop, Ambiance, and Mighty
- Soft (una corda), sostenuto, sustain pedals
- Half pedaling and re-pedaling
- Sympathetic resonance
- Body resonance
- Dedicated release samples, depending on played release velocity
- Detailed pedal sounds for soft and sustain pedals, depending on pedal speed
Samples Played by Robotic Finger
Full Library Includes
- Room Mic (Mix)
- Condenser - Close 1 (Sennheiser MKH 8040)
- Ribbon - Close 2 (Royer SF-24)
- Tube - Close 3 (Neumann M149)
- Mid 1 (Sennheiser MKH 800)
- Mid 2 (Sennheiser MKH 8040)
- Main/Room Mic - Decca Tree Stereo (L/R)
- Main/Room Mic - Decca Tree Mono (Center)
- Main Surround – Stereo (L/R)
- High Stereo (3D) – Stereo (L/R)
- High Surround (3D) – Stereo (L/R)
- Room Mix: The Room Mix Channel contains a mix of all available microphones
- Decca Tree Multi Mic: The classic sound of a Decca tree stereo recording features a more slender sound with less diffusion compared to the Room Mix Presets
- Surround to Stereo Downmix: All available room microphones with various runtime delays, creating more diversity in the perception of room depth.
- Surround: Sends microphone signals to your available surround channels