Providing a heavily accessorized camera package ready for not only your next film shoot but for those beyond, the Sony VENICE 6K Digital Motion Picture Camera Package provides support for full-frame production at up to 6K resolution, as well as anamorphic production. The kit includes the AXS-R7 external recorder that enables raw capture. The camera body features a full-frame CMOS sensor with 15+ stops of dynamic range and the included full-frame license enables using the entire sensor, or you can choose to window the sensor to shoot Super 35.
The included full-frame upgrade permanently liberates the camera from its original Super 35mm limitation, allowing you to shoot full-frame at aspect ratios of 3:2, 1.85:1, 17:9, and 2.39:1 at 6K, or 16:9 at 5.7K. The included anamorphic upgrade enables shooting 4K at either 4:3 or 6:5 for capturing anamorphic images on the camera. You can record using XAVC in DCI or UHD 4K, as well as HD, internally, or capture raw on the included AXS-R7 recorder using a variety of recording data rate options. The included EVF features a 0.7" OLED panel with 1920 x 1080 resolution and 200 cd/M2 brightness. A built-in diopter ring enables adjusting the EVF to suit most eyes. The built-in eye sensor controls the anti-burn-in function of the OLED.
Providing a flexible design configuration within a single camera body, the Sony VENICE 6K Digital Motion Picture Camera is meant to provide you with just the amount of camera you need, so you don't have to invest in more than necessary. It features a full-frame CMOS sensor with 15+ stops of dynamic range, but in its basic configuration it windows the sensor to shoot Super 35. The camera comes with a removable PL Mount that supports the Cooke /i Technology lens metadata protocols, allowing you to work with cinema-style glass ranging from vintage to modern. As is, the camera supports DCI and UHD 4K capture, while planned and scheduled firmware updates will enable anamorphic, full-frame, and select frame rates from 1 to 72 fps.
Remove the PL Mount to reveal a Sony E-Mount with a locking outer ring that allows you to mount your lens and then rotate the ring to secure it, creating a strong mounting system that does not require you to rotate your E-Mount lens when mounting it to the camera. Eight integrated and motorized ND filters range from clear to seven stops of ND in one-stop increments. The camera features a built-in assistant-side info screen, along with a smaller basic info display screen on the operator side of the camera. It features dual SxS card slots that allow you to capture XAVC or HD ProRes in-camera.
- 5.7K at 16:9 up to 72 fps
- 4K at 6:5 up to 72 fps
- 3.8K at 16:9 up to 110 fps
- 3D LUT viewable in the viewfinder
- ART (Advanced Rendering Transform) file imports
- Updated switching for SDI 1-4 3G-SDI level A/B
- Addition of second user frame line of 9:16 and 1:1 preset
- Record beep and alarm volume adjust
- Ability to maintain CamID+Reel# when loading ALL file
- Displaying of Genlock and TC lock status on OSD
- Setting of de-squeeze on/off via the USER button
- Updated RCP Call function
- Record gyro information in metadata
- Support for ZEISS eXtended Data from FUJINON Premista-series lenses
- Requires Firmware 4.00 or higher before installing
- Imager modes 6K 2.39:1 and 5.7K 16:9 (with Full-Frame License)
- Support for the X-OCN XT recording format
- Compatibility with Rialto VENICE Extension System
- De-squeeze ratios 1.25x, 1.3x, 1.5x, and 1.8x
- Cache rec function
- AXS Relay rec function
- Simultaneous format
- SxS recording folder structure selection
- Support for 6G/12G output SDI
- Improved imaging assist function
- Support for CBK-WA02 Wireless LAN Adapter
- Improved VF menu operations and Frame Line setting
- Support for CDL files
The DVF-EL200 Full HD OLED Viewfinder from Sony is for use with the PMW-F55/F5 and VENICE 6K motion picture cameras. The viewfinder features a 0.7" OLED panel with 1920 x 1080 resolution and 200 cd/m2 brightness. A built-in diopter ring enables adjusting the EVF to suit most eyes. The built-in eye sensor controls the anti-burn-in function of the OLED.
In addition to the improved OLED panel, the DVF-EL200 features more durability and usability with an eye distance measure sensor, rotary encoders for controlling brightness, and contrast. It also features a LEMO-type connector and quick release system to detach the viewfinder from the camera.
The Sony Anamorphic Permanent License for Sony VENICE Camera upgrades your camera to shoot anamorphic images using the sensor at 4096 x 3024, yielding a 4:3 aspect ratio to originate on with your anamorphic glass. A planned future firmware upgrade will allow you to shoot at 4096 x 3432, providing you with a 6:5 aspect ratio to record your anamorphic images within. Once installed, the anamorphic mode is permanently available for you to choose to shoot in.
This Sony Permanent Full-Frame License for Sony VENICE upgrades your camera, enabling you to use the entire full-frame sensor and not be limited to the Super 35 image area. Activating this VENICE upgrade means users can capture 6K 3:2, 6K 1.85:1, 6K 17:9, 6K 2.39:1, and 5.7K 16:9, record XAVC 4K and other formats on an SxS memory card, output 4K or HD images to viewfinder and SDI outputs, and record X-OCN footage with the optional AXS-R7 recorder.
- Imaging 6K 3:2, 6K 1.85:1, 6K 17:9, 6K 2.39:1, and 5.7K 16:9 image sizes
- Recording 6K 3:2, 6K 1.85:1, 6K 17:9, 6K 2.39:1, and 5.7K 16:9 X-OCN with AXS-R7
- Recording XAVC 4K, HD ProRes, and MPEG50 on SxS memory card
- Outputting 4K or HD images to viewfinder; SDI and HD monitor outputs after down-converting 6K and 5.7K images
- Play back 6K 3:2, 6K 1.85:1, 6K 17:9, 6K 2.39:1, and 5.7K 16:9 X-OCN with AXS-R7
The AXS-R7 4K RAW Recorder from Sony attaches seamlessly to the Sony VENICE, PMW-F55, and PMW-F5 CineAlta cameras, speeding up the 4K production workflow. This 16-bit linear recorder offers up to 6K capture for the VENICE, and up to 4K120 and 4K60 RAW recording for the PMW-F55 and F5 cameras respectively. For shooting at higher frame rates, the recorder captures 2K RAW at up to 240 fps, for playback with 10x super slow motion. This recorder also offers 4K Raw/X-OCN cache recordings up to 30 seconds while in standby mode (approximate storage time at 23.98p).
This AXS-R7 recorder is compatible with the high-speed, slim S48 AXS series memory cards (available separately). It features dual memory card slots for extra security and simultaneous recording at rates up to 60p. Built to work in challenging field conditions, this recorder's rugged, all-metal casing has a sealed ventilation system that is dust- and splash-resist and attaches securely to the camera body. It is suitable for feature film, television commercial, reality, documentary, and wildlife cinematographers who require continuous, full-resolution 6K VENICE capture or 4K RAW recording from their F55 and F5 cameras.