Enjoy classic retro styling with the optical performance of modern materials and technology that defines the limited edition Levenhuk 8x30 Heritage PLUS Binocular.
Made in partnership with the Kazan Optical-Mechanical Plant, the Heritage line sports traditional Porro prisms built with Russian BK10 glass, fully multi-coated optics, and an ultra-wide field of view. All these features work together to present you with bright and clear high-contrast views, to give you an immersive observational experience. The PLUS line in the Heritage series features the addition of an in-view reticle that allows you to estimate the distance to—and size of—your subject, and ruby lens coatings, which improve contrast and clarity in low light such as at dawn and twilight.
The Porro prism design creates a naturally ergonomic form factor that is comfortable to hold and evenly balanced, greatly reducing arm fatigue and increasing the viewing experience. Its aluminum chassis is light and durable, and the joints are sealed to keep moisture and dust out. The exterior armoring is textured to give it a slip-resistant grip. Levenhuk includes a soft carrying case, eyepiece caps, and a neck strap.
Whether you're into retro gear or need a nice pair of binoculars that are light and easy to use with the added benefit of a ranging reticle, the Heritage PLUS is the ideal addition to your gear kit.
- The 8x30 Heritage PLUS binocular is part of a limited edition numbered series with limited distribution
- Only 4000 pieces are being produced for world-wide sale
- Modeled on traditional field glasses, the Heritage PLUS has the look and feel of vintage binoculars but is made with modern materials and optical technologies
- Designed by Levenhuk in cooperation with the Kazan Optical-Mechanical Plant, which provides optical observation instruments for the Russian Army
- Moderate 8x magnification brings subjects in close for observation and identification while preserving an exceptionally wide field of view and wider exit pupil versus high magnification optics
- Compact 30mm objectives keep views bright and clear without excessive weight
- Traditional Porro prism light path provides a rich depth of field
- Russian BK10 glass has refractive index and transmission properties similar to the more common BK7
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optical surfaces maximize light transmission with improved color, clarity, and contrast
- Ruby-tinted lens coating improves clarity and contrast in low light—such as during dawn and dusk, or under heavy cloud cover
- Ultra-wide 69° apparent angle of view provides a spacious view to minimize the appearance of distracting hand shake common when holding high-power optics
- Exceptional 452-foot field of view at 1000 yards
- Reticle on right eyepiece enables you to estimate the size of, and range to, a subject
Use and Handling
- Textured center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate with either hand
- ±2.5 right eye dioptric correction ensures tack-sharp focusing for most people
- 56-74mm interpupillary distance range enables easy use by most people
- Fold-down rubber eyecup for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- 12mm eye relief
- 3.75mm exit pupil
- Naturally ergonomic form factor is comfortable and balanced in the hand
- Lightweight and durable aluminum-alloy chassis
- Rubberized armoring protects the chassis and provides a slip-resistant grip
- Chassis is sealed to keep moisture and dust from getting inside
- Broad -40 to 122°F (-40 to 50°C) operating temperature range