The Tasco 20-60x80 Spotting Scope is designed to be a powerful observation tool that can be your constant companion in the field, on your porch, or at the range to view game, wildlife, and even the moon and stars.
Its exceptional zoom range allows you to scan the landscape for something interesting to look at, with the ability to dial up the magnification to make detailed observations. A large zoom ring and slip-resistant focus knob bring the scene into tack-sharp clarity at any magnification you choose. The combination of BK7 Porro prism and anti-reflection fully-coated lenses presents bright and clear high-contrast views with accurate color representation. Employing a large objective ensures views are bright and clear, especially when viewing subjects at extreme long range with the magnification dialed up to 20x.
The eyepiece is set at a 45° angle to the objective lens, and the whole body can rotate side to side when mounted on a support system so you can precisely place the eyepiece in the most comfortable viewing position possible—whether you are viewing standing, sitting, or lying prone. The extra-long eye relief and twist-up eyecup make viewing through the eyepiece easy and comfortable—even during long glassing sessions. The spotter is outfitted with a standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount to make it compatible with a wide variety of tripods, heads, and quick release plates on the market. Tasco provides a simple tabletop tripod and pan/tilt head to get you started out of the box and a soft carrying case for added protection and convenience when you're storing or transporting it.
- Wide 20-60x magnification range allows you to scan the landscape for subjects on low power with the ability to make detailed observations of distant subjects at high power
- Oversized 80mm objective lens has the generous light-gathering capability required to keep views bright and clear even in low or challenging light, such as the pre-dawn hours and far into dusk and when viewing distant objects on high power. The large objective allows the spotter to be used for viewing the moon, constellations, and satellites, and for comet hunting
- BK7 Porro prism light path has zero internal interference so views are crisp and contrast-rich
- Anti-reflection fully coated lenses maximize light transmission to produce bright and accurate colors
- 98-foot field of view at 1000 yards on 20x, 48-foot on 60x
Use and Handling
- Eyepiece set at a 45° angle to the objective lens to place your head in a comfortable viewing position whether you are standing, sitting, or lying prone
- Large slip-resistant zoom collar is easy to adjust
- Low-profile focus knob provides precision focusing with a reduced snag hazard
- Twist-up rubber eyecup for comfortable viewing with or without eyewear
- Exceptional 20mm eye relief makes long-duration observation sessions easy with reduced eyestrain
- 4mm exit pupil on 20x will cover most pupils as they open and dilate in low light conditions, keeping the whole scene in view
- Integrated extendable sunshade prevents glare that can wash out images, improving contrast and clarity
- Rubber armor protects against impacts while providing a slip-resistant grip for more secure handling during setup and breakdown
- Standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount is compatible with many photo/video/field tripods, quick release plates, and other support systems
- Rotating tripod mounting collar enables you to precisely place the eyepiece angle for the most comfortable viewing possible
- Includes a compact tabletop tripod with a simple pan/tilt head and pan handle for precision tracking
- Soft carrying case protects spotter during transport and storage