Created for aspiring videographers, the Nikon Z 6 Filmmaker's Kit has been assembled with the essential tools for making the most of the Z 6's video recording capabilities. Included in this kit is the FX-format Z 6 mirrorless camera, the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S zoom lens, the FTZ Mount Adapter, a spare EN-EL15b lithium-ion battery, and access to the Nikon School Online Class: The Art of Making Music Videos. Complementing Nikon's own technology, this kit also includes an Atomos Ninja V 5" 4K HDMI recording monitor, a Moza Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer, a Rode VideoMic Pro Plus, and a 1-year subscription to Vimeo Pro. Additionally, the Z 6 is eligible for the optional ProRes RAW Upgrade, which enables the camera to output uncompressed 12-bit raw footage as well as work with the ProRes codec. This Z 6, as part of the Filmmaker's Kit, can be upgraded for free by sending the camera to Nikon's Service Department for installation.
Enabling the use of nearly any Nikon F-mount lens on Z-mount mirrorless camera bodies, the FTZ Mount Adapter is a sophisticated means for expanding the range of usable lenses. While compatible with approximately 360 distinct F-mount lenses, this adapter is especially ideal for use with over 90 AF-S and AF-P type D, E, and G-type lenses, where it fully maintains autofocus and auto-exposure capabilities for seamless use of the SLR lenses on the mirrorless body. The adapter is built from magnesium alloy, is weather-sealed, and also incorporates a 1/4"-20 mount on the base to provide a more balanced means for working on a tripod with longer, heavier lenses.
- AF-S Type G, E, and D; AF-P Type G and E; AF-I Type D: Full support of autofocus, MF (with electronic rangefinder support), full auto-exposure modes, and exposure metering
- AF Type G and D: Manual focus only (with electronic rangefinder support), full auto-exposure modes, and exposure metering
- Other AF Lenses: Manual focus only, full auto-exposure modes, and exposure metering
- PC-E NIKKOR Series and PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED: Manual focus only, full auto-exposure modes, and exposure metering
- PC Micro 85mm f/2.8D: Manual focus only, manual exposure only, and exposure metering
- AI-P: Manual focus only, full auto-exposure modes, and exposure metering
- Non-CPU AI-, AI-Modified NIKKOR, or Nikon Series E Lenses: Manual focus only, aperture-priority and manual exposure modes, and all exposure metering modes except for highlight-weighted metering
Power select Nikon cameras with this EN-EL15b Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery, which serves as a spare or replacement for the one provided with the camera. It is designed to offer long life and consistent power, and can be charged or discharged at any time without developing memory effects.
When used with the Z 7 and Z 6, the battery is compatible with the MH-25 and MH-25a chargers, or can be charged in-camera using the EH-7P Charging AC Adapter.
- The Ninja V features a highly responsive 5" IPS LCD screen that is illuminated by a bright 1000 cd/m² LED backlight, making it possible to view in daylight without requiring a hood.
- The screen is also color-calibrated from the factory to ensure accurate image representation.
- Record Apple ProRes and ProRes RAW with select cameras at rates up to DCI 4K60 and up to 120 fps in HD.
- Enables ProRes RAW capture with smaller, more cost-effective, mirrorless cameras.
- Avid DNxHD/HR compatibility enables wide camera and editing software compatibility.
- HEVC/H.265 dual recording is available when using the Camera to Cloud mode.
- Display ten+ stops of dynamic range of your camera's log image with AtomHDR
- 1920 x 1080 display with 1000cd/m² brightness for daylight viewing
- 10-bit color processing and user calibration
- Supports custom LUTs
- Record DCI or UHD 4K at rates up to 60 fps, including 24 and 25 fps for a more filmlike aesthetic. All recordings are stored as high-quality Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR files with up to 10-bit 4:2:2 chroma subsampling.
- The Ninja V also supports 5K and 6K RAW and 3.5K anamorphic RAW using select cameras.
- A variety of bit rates are available to fit your project and storage needs.
- The Atomos CONNECT is the ultimate expansion module for the Ninja V, providing an SDI interface that offers compatibility with a range of cameras and 12G-SDI to HDMI cross-conversion that expands your workflow options.
- Use the Atomos CONNECT to live stream to popular platforms and custom RTMP/S destinations to share your content from almost anywhere.
- Preserve your images in a 4:2:2, 8- or 10-bit format via your camera's HDMI output, even when the camera is recording compressed 4:2:0 8-bit video internally.
- Support for an array of industry-standard Log formats enables the Ninja V to capture optimal dynamic range and bypass your camera's internal compression.
- HDR monitoring is enabled by the Ninja V's compatibility with a wide range of industry-standard gamuts.
- See the Atomos website for the latest Log compatibility.
- The Atomos Cloud Studio (ACS) provides a collection of online production services for video creators and streamers. Pair your Ninja V with an Atomos CONNECT to use ACS to live stream to popular platforms and customized RTMP/S destinations.
- ACS also provides support for Adobe's Camera to Cloud (C2C) service that offers full-resolution capture, proxy file sharing, and real-time collaboration.
- Seamlessly connect to Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve, or Media Composer via Adobe C2C.
The 11.8 to 17.7" Mini-HDMI to HDMI Coiled Cable from Atomos is coiled to prevent clutter, but it can extend up to 17.7".
The Moza Air 2 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer has been upgraded over previous versions with newly optimized high-torque motors, a 9.25 lb weight capacity, and many other features. The high weight capacity allows for a much wider range of cameras to be used, as well as wider combinations of cameras and lenses. The Air 2 also supports the optional Moza iFOCUS Intelligent Wireless Lens Control System, which comes in different versions to offer standard and automatic (with preset start/end points) focus and zoom control directly from the Air 2.
Another standout aspect of the Air 2 is that it clears and provides an unobstructed view of the camera LCD thanks to an angled motor arm. There is a total of 12 physical buttons for controlling the gimbal and camera, as well as adjusting settings such as shutter, aperture, and exposure compensation (where applicable). The joystick, smart wheel, and smart trigger controls are customizable in multiple combinations for different shooting styles. Most of the settings and customizations, as well as the gimbal status, are confirmed on an OLED display that provides intuitive information feedback.
The Air 2 features eight different operational modes, including single-axis and dual-axis modes such as pan follow and pan tilt follow (please see the Features section below for the full list). These modes allow for different shooting styles that Moza calls Sport Gear, FPV, Panorama, Tracking, and Inception styles. Inception, for example, allows you to rotate the camera as you push in on a subject.
The gimbal runs on four included lithium-ion 18650 batteries which provide up to 16 hours of runtime. The batteries are replaceable for continued operation. Designed with Moza's SPARK power supply system, the Air 2 has an input port that provides an alternate way of powering the gimbal, and three output ports for powering the camera and accessories using optional Moza adapter cables.
The Air 2 also offers various time-lapse functions including motion-lapse, tracking time-lapse, and zoom time-lapse, each allowing you to achieve a different look. Other features include an efficient auto-tuning system that selects optimal parameters based on your total load.
The Air 2 is easy to balance thanks to visual markers and other identifiable information. It also has a mechanical memory quick release system that helps readjust the camera without having to rebalance the gimbal. For tripod mounting and attaching accessories, the Moza Air 2 provides a 3/8"-16 threaded hole on the front of the handle and 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes on the bottom.
- 9.25 lb weight capacity
- Support for optional Moza iFOCUS Intelligent Wireless Lens Control System
- Provides unobstructed view of your camera's LCD
- 12 physical buttons for controlling the gimbal, camera, and settings
- Joystick, smart wheel, and smart trigger controls are customizable for different shooting styles
- OLED information feedback display
- 16-hour runtime off four included 18650 Li-Po batteries
- Input/output ports for powering the gimbal, camera, and accessories via optional Moza adapter cables
- Various time-lapse functions including motion-lapse, tracking time-lapse, and zoom time-lapse
- Intelligent auto-tuning system
- Visual markers/identifiable information for balancing
- Mechanical memory quick release system
- 3/8"-16 threaded hole on the front of the gimbal handle and 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes on the bottom
- Pan follow / tilt follow / roll follow
- All follow / all locked
- Roll tilt follow / roll pan follow / pan tilt follow
- 5.5mm 16 VDC input
- 2.0mm 7.8 VDC output
- 5.5mm 12 VDC output
- Multi CAN 7.8 VDC output