Designed to accommodate large and small specimens, the National Optical 420T-430PLL-20 Trinocular Zoom Microscope makes it easy and comfortable for groups of people to share the view through the eyepieces. The head design provides full access to the eyepieces, while allowing you to directly mount video cameras and DSLRs to stream the view locally to monitors or projectors, capture and document specimens for later use and study, or use with internet applications such as online class work, webinars, and podcasts.
The binocular eyepiece configuration lets you view with both eyes open, which is not only more comfortable, but preserves true 3D stereoscopic vision with a rich depth of view. The two eyepieces are set a comfortable 45° angle, and it rotates a full 360° circle so people standing or sitting at a table or desk can all enjoy the view without having to have everyone move to the eyepieces. Optically the microscope is outfitted with two 20x power eyepieces that, when combined with the zoom objective, provide magnifications from 20x to 80x with a stepless zoom mechanism that enables precise power selection anywhere between the minimum and maximum. Each eyepiece has its own diopter adjustment to compensate for individual eye strength and the eyepiece's interpupillary adjustment range makes it easy for all users to place their distance exactly where they need it. Finally, the eyepieces come with winged eyecups that block peripheral light; contrast and clarity are enhanced, especially in bright classroom or showroom settings.
The viewing head can be raised and lowered relative to the base for viewing flat or chunky specimens. The stage is integrated into the base to make viewing larger specimens like rocks, gems, textiles, and circuit boards easier. Upper and lower LED illuminators light the stage and independent power control allows you to have just the upper LED on, just the lower, or both. The upper LED also has its own rheostat dimmer to provide the right amount of light. Two stage plates are included: a frosted glass that passes light without the harsh glare, and a reversible white/black contrast plate that provides a stark difference between your specimen and background to enhance the view.
- Head design is ideal for classrooms, webinars, showrooms, and other similar applications
- Trinocular head design allows the mounting of video and DSLR cameras without affecting the user's ability to fully access the eyepieces
- Two 20x eyepieces produce 20-80x magnifications
- Infinite (continuous) zoom provides precise control of the magnification through the entire zoom range
- Winged eyecups block peripheral light to improve contrast while helping to minimize distraction
- Achromatic lens design virtually eliminates chromatic aberration, so colors are accurate and true to life
- Optional eyepieces and auxiliary objectives provide additional versatility and customization for specific needs
- Single speed dual-focusing knobs bring views into sharp detail, with a slip clutch to prevent damage due to obstruction such as getting too close to the specimen stage
- Tension adjustment on the focus eliminates focus drift
Use and Handling
- Binocular eyepiece configuration makes it easier and more comfortable to use versus monocular heads, while also preserving a true 3D view and rich depth of field when viewing rocks or gems
- Head set at a 45° angle to place user's head in a comfortable viewing position
- Head rotates a full 360° to make it easier to share with a group or class
- Wide 55-75mm interpupillary adjustment range accommodates a variety of users
- Runs on 110-240VAC power; supplied with a three-prong grounded US wall outlet plug
Specimen Stage and Illumination
- Stage is integrated into the base to provide a wide area for larger specimens like circuit boards, rocks, parchment, fabric, etc.
- Mount on post with locking support collar permits up or down adjustment of viewing head to accommodate different-sized objects on stage
- Frosted glass stage plate transmits light without harsh glare
- Reversible plastic black/white contrast plate enhances the view by providing a stark color difference between the specimen and the background
- Blue filter for transmitted light
- Locked-on stage clips hold specimen slides in place
- Upper LED illumination with rheostat dimmer
- Lower LED illuminator
- Independent control allows top or bottom illumination only, or both