Offering ultra-high-resolution conversion, four Class-A preamps, and a powerful software package for vocalists, musicians, producers, and podcasters in home studios and mobile setups, the PreSonus Studio 68c desktop 6x6 USB audio/MIDI interface blends studio-quality sonic performance, versatile I/O, and refreshing ease of use.
With selectable 48V phantom power and four XMAX Class-A mic preamps fed via XLR-1/4" combo inputs, the Studio 68c can accommodate any source from condenser microphones and active DI boxes to electric instruments and line-level mixer outputs with clarity and natural tonality. All inputs and outputs feature quality converters that let the interface operate at resolutions up to 24-bit / 96 kHz resolution without sacrificing channel count or at 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz sample rates with 4x4 I/O functionality.
Whether you monitor through speakers, headphones, or both, the Studio 68c provides equally ideal operability with its 1/4" headphone output, two main line/monitor outs, two additional line outputs, and independent main/headphone volume controls. The four line outputs are DC-coupled, so you can send MIDI sync and sequencer data from your DAW as CV (control voltage) to external analog synthesizers and drum modules.
The headphone mix can be sourced from outputs 1-2 or 3-4 via the A/B switch, a simple solution for getting a special cue mix to the artist. A quick press of the Mon button enables direct monitoring, mixing the latency-free analog input signal with the return from your computer. Unlike many budget interfaces, the Studio 68c sports 4-segment LED meters for all four analog inputs and the main outs.
The supplied breakout cable provides 5-pin MIDI I/O jacks to allow simple hookup of a MIDI controller, synthesizer, or groovebox, making the Studio 68c advantageous for beatmakers, keyboardists, and electronic music producers. Also on the breakout cable are RCA coaxial jacks, which are a welcome bonus for interconnecting digital audio equipment outfitted with S/PDIF digital I/O.
The Studio 68c is powered by the included 12 VDC power supply and is supplied with USB Type-C and USB Type-A cables for easy connectivity to your compatible macOS- or Windows-equipped computer. The interface is bundled with the robust and versatile Studio One Artist DAW software and the Studio Magic plug-in suite, delivering a host of effects, virtual instruments, and third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds to kickstart your creativity.
XMAX Class-A Microphone Preamps
Headphone and Monitor Outputs
Input and Output Metering
S/PDIF Digital I/O
Studio One Artist Software
- Single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Intuitive MIDI-mapping system
- Real-time audio time-stretching and resampling
- Multitrack comping and MIDI editing
- Transient detection and editing, plus groove extraction
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Integrates tightly with Celemony Melodyne
- Instantly configures to PreSonus interfaces
- Compatible with ASIO, Windows Audio, and Core Audio compliant interfaces
- 26 native effects (32-bit effects) and virtual instrument plug-ins
- Over 10GB of third-party software, loops, and instruments
- Mac and Windows compatible
Studio Magic Plug-In Suite
- Arturia Analog Lab Lite
- Brainworx bx_opto
- Brainworx bx_rockrack
- Cherry Audio Voltage Nucleus
- iZotope Neutron Elements
- Klanghelm SDRR2tube
- KV331 Audio Synthmaster Player
- Lexicon MPX-i Reverb
- Mäag Audio EQ2
- Native Instruments REPLIKA
- Output Movement
- SPL Attacker Plus
- Studio Linked Trophies
- UJAM Virtual Drummer 2 PHAT
- UVI Model D