Offering ultrahigh-resolution conversion, eight Class-A preamps, a host of outputs, and a powerful software package for bands and engineers in project studios, the PreSonus Studio 1824c rackmount 18x20 USB audio/MIDI interface blends studio-quality, sonic performance, bountiful and expandable I/O, and refreshing ease of use, all in a sturdy chassis that occupies just a single rack space.
With selectable 48V phantom power and eight XMAX Class-A mic preamps fed via XLR-1/4" combo inputs, the Studio 1824c can accommodate any source from condenser microphones and active DI boxes to electric instruments and line-level mixer outputs with clarity and natural tonality. All inputs and outputs feature quality converters that let the interface operate at up to 24-bit / 48 kHz resolution without sacrificing channel count, or at a 192 kHz sample rate with 8x8 I/O functionality.
When you use speakers, multiple headphones, or both, the Studio 1824c provides equally ideal operability with its two independent 1/4" headphone outputs, two main line/monitor outs, eight additional line outputs, and separate volume controls for both headphone outs and the main output.
A quick press of the mute button cuts the main outputs, so you can communicate with clients in the room without shouting over the music. The interface also features a mono button for checking the stereo-to-mono translation of your mix.
The 10 line outputs are DC-coupled, so you can send MIDI sync and sequencer data from your DAW as CV (control voltage) to external analog synthesizers and drum modules. Unlike many budget interfaces, the Studio 1824c sports 4-segment LED meters for all eight analog inputs and the main outs. The 5-pin MIDI I/O jacks on the rear panel allow simple hookup of a MIDI controller, synthesizer, or groovebox, making the Studio 1824c advantageous for beatmakers, keyboardists, and electronic music producers. With a BNC wordclock output and digital I/O connections for stereo S/PDIF and 8-channel ADAT, the Studio 1824c is a potent companion for other digital equipment such as external preamps with A/D converters and digital mixers.
The Studio 1824c is powered by the included 12 VDC power supply and is supplied with USB Type-C and USB Type-A cables for easy connectivity to your compatible macOS- or Windows-equipped computer. The interface is bundled with the robust and versatile Studio One Artist DAW software and the Studio Magic plug-in suite, delivering a host of effects, virtual instruments, and third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds to kickstart your creativity.
Dedicated buttons are presented for muting the main monitor feed and summing it to mono; both are valuable functions for running efficient sessions. Easy-to-use DSP monitor mixing lets you create four discrete, near-zero-latency mixes, enough for large ensembles.
The ADAT output comes into play when you need to run separate channels from your DAW to a digital headphone distribution system or a multichannel D/A converter.
- Single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Intuitive MIDI-mapping system
- Real-time audio time-stretching and resampling
- Multitrack comping and MIDI editing
- Transient detection and editing, plus groove extraction
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Integrates tightly with Celemony Melodyne
- Instantly configures to PreSonus interfaces
- Compatible with ASIO, Windows Audio, and Core Audio compliant interfaces
- 26 native effects (32-bit effects) and virtual instrument plug-ins
- Over 10GB of third-party software, loops, and instruments
- Mac and Windows compatible
- Arturia Analog Lab Lite
- Brainworx bx_opto
- Brainworx bx_rockrack
- Cherry Audio Voltage Nucleus
- iZotope Neutron Elements
- Klanghelm SDRR2tube
- KV331 Audio Synthmaster Player
- Lexicon MPX-i Reverb
- Mäag Audio EQ2
- Native Instruments REPLIKA
- Output Movement
- SPL Attacker Plus
- Studio Linked Trophies
- UJAM Virtual Drummer 2 PHAT
- UVI Model D