Designed for pro audio engineers, the Dangerous Audio D-BOX+ is a dramatic redesign of the company's famed 8-channel summing mixer and monitor controller. As with the previous iteration, the unit fits a lot of features into its 1 RU rackmount enclosure. However, the summing mixer has been upgraded to give you an even bigger soundstage than the original D-BOX. Now, mixers who primarily work ITB can sum their stereo submixes through the D-BOX+ and import an analog sound upon their mix, one with even more "vibe" than the original.
In addition to its capabilities as a summing mixer, the device is also a monitor control, giving you the ability to select among five analog and digital inputs. Monitor sound from the summing input, an analog stereo input, AES/SPDIF, and now, both USB and Bluetooth.
Yes, the D-BOX+ sports Bluetooth wireless audio, letting you stream audio from your mobile device if need be, and also, enabling remote control over many different functions, such as headphone volume, speaker selection, and engagement of the talkback mic. Remote control is made possible thanks to an included, free app, available for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android platforms.
A mono button lets you fold your stereo playback down to mono. Use this feature to check your mix for any phase or polarity issues. Onboard speaker trims let you match your speaker outputs, so you can ensure you don't lose level when switching among audio outputs. With three sets of stereo outs, you can feed three sets of stereo speakers or configure the unit to send audio to a sub and your speakers at the same time.
The device offers two independent monitoring sections, one for the control room, and another for your headphones. With the push of a button, you can route any input source to either monitoring path. Now you can switch between the mix you hear, and the special Cue mix you're sending to the artist through their headphones.
Key Features at a Glance
- Ground-up redesign of the Dangerous Music D-BOX
- Sonically upgraded 8-channel analog summing mixer
- 5 analog and digital inputs at your fingertips (analog stereo, analog sum, USB, AES/SPDIF, and Bluetooth)
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming
- Free D-BOX+ app offers remote control of all major functions (volume, dim, talkback, I/O select, and more) via Bluetooth
- Dedicated app runs on OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android devices
- Driverless USB audio connectivity for OS X
- Simple USB audio driver installation for Windows
- Onboard talkback mic with push-button activation (on front panel or remotely via device mic)
- Dual headphone amplifiers with independent source selection and level control (front panel or app)
- 3 independent speaker outputs (selected from front panel or from app)
- Programmable speaker selector allows for dedicated mono and/or sub inclusion on all outputs
- Mastering-grade digital-to-analog stereo converter for transparent, musical monitoring of digital sources
- Dangerous Music’s renown audiophile-grade circuit design, components, and build quality throughout
- Made in the USA