The Ice 67mm HB760 Infrared Filter is designed to help capture images of how a subject reflects or transmits infrared light. Infrared light waves occupy the space in the electromagnetic spectrum behind visible light due to their longer wavelengths. Many surfaces and materials react to or emit infrared light waves differently than visible light waves, which provides the potential for photographs of subjects or subject properties that are otherwise invisible to the human eye. Such images require an infrared-sensitive medium such as infrared film or a digital photographic sensor, which may be more effective when used without the infrared-blocking filters frequently built over them.
Conventional light sources such as the sun, photographic strobes, or incandescent lighting may be used to provide infrared illumination. However, because infrared films or digital photographic sensors can be more sensitive to the relatively higher energy and shorter-wavelength visible light those sources also emit, the effects of infrared light can be otherwise obscured. This Ice 67mm HB760 Infrared Filter makes it possible to capture images of how subjects are illuminated by infrared light by blocking ultraviolet, visible, and near-infrared light waves 760nm or less from the lens it is mounted onto. This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. It features a slim, aluminum alloy filter ring that helps prevent vignetting while remaining durable and lightweight.
- Designed for use with infrared film or digital camera sensors
- Filters out near-infrared, visible, and ultraviolet light
- Allows infrared light waves at 760nm or above to pass through
- Effective for infrared films or other media sensitive to infrared wavelengths 760nm or above
- Constructed from uncoated optical glass for clarity
- Filter factor of approximately 1000x reduces exposure by 10 stops
- A slim, aluminum alloy filter ring helps to prevent vignetting
- Durable and lightweight aluminum ring
- 67mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic filter case for storage and transport