This Haida M10 Filter Holder Kit is designed to allow for the convenient use of up to three separately available 100mm wide, 2mm thick filters. It can be fitted on a lens with 58mm front filter threads along with an included circular polarizer.
The kit consists of three main components, an M10 Filter Holder, a filter holder adapter ring, and a drop-in circular polarizer. Pre-installed with two pairs of plastic filter slots, the aluminum alloy filter holder is initially configured to accommodate two rectangular filters. Use of the filter holder can be easily accomplished by first screwing the included filter holder adapter ring onto a lens with 58mm front filter threads. Separately available adapter rings allow the filter holder to be used with lenses that have 37mm, 39mm, 40mm, 40.5mm, 43mm, 46mm, 49mm, 52mm, 55mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm, and 82mm front filter threads. After being fitted onto the adapter ring, the filter holder's push-and-release locking lever helps to provide a reliable, yet adjustable connection that allows the holder to be rotated 360°, further benefiting the use of graduated neutral density and other filters that are enhanced by varied positioning. To help prevent stray light, which could have unwanted effects on exposure, from coming in-between an installed filter and a connected lens, two gaskets are included along the front of the M10 Filter Holder. These gaskets are positioned so that together, they form a seal between the filter holder's slots.
The M10 Filter Holder also accommodates an included drop-in circular polarizer filter. That filter is mounted within a geared filter ring assembly with an external dial, which allows for the independent rotation of the circular polarizer filter in order to adjust the intensity of its effect. Drop-in neutral density, graduated neutral density, and neutral density polarizer combination filters are separately available. For still images or video captures where a drop-in filter is not in use, a drop-in cover is provided to occupy the filter holder's accessory slot for those filters. The cover then serves to prevent stray light from coming in-between the filter holder and the lens behind it.
An additional pair of filter holder slots is provided, as well as a leather case for the storage and transport of the entire Haida M10 Filter Holder Kit.
- Durable, aluminum alloy filter holder connects to lenses with 58mm front filter threads using included aluminum alloy adapter ring
- Holds up to three 100mm wide, 2mm thick filters
- Filter holder easily attaches to the adapter ring using a push-and-release locking lever
- Locking lever provides a reliable, yet adjustable connection that allows the filter holder to be rotated 360°, benefiting the use of graduated neutral density and other filters that are enhanced by varied positioning
- Non-slip coating for a more textured grip when rotating the filter holder
- Built-in gaskets placed along the front of the filter holder further help to ensure that stray light does not come between an installed filter and a connected lens
- Filter holder also accommodates an included drop-in circular polarizer filter
- External dial on the circular polarizer filter ring assembly allows for the independent rotation of the polarizer filter when it is used with the filter holder
- Circular polarizer filter does not disrupt auto exposure or focus features and is constructed from optical glass for clarity
- Each of the polarizing filter's glass surfaces have 10 layers of anti-reflection coatings as well as a nano coating that results in an improved beading effect when the surface comes in contact with water or oil, allowing for more efficient cleaning
- Polarizer filters help to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface, clear up haze in distant landscapes, and provide more saturated, vivid colors
- Leather case for storage and transport