The Schneider 77mm True-Net Gray 2 Filter is designed to purposely create a net diffusion effect within an entire scene or image. Embedded inside this filter's glass is a gray-colored stocking material that softens focus and reduces glare, which can be useful for creating a more flattering image of a subject or scene. The stocking material's gray color can help maintain a scene's existing color balance while reducing contrast. By applying the Schneider 77mm True-Net Gray 2 Filter instead of pulling a stocking directly over a lens, the desired net diffusion effect can be consistently and reliably obtained by eliminating the risk of overstretching or tearing the stocking material in use.
When the respective film type or white balance setting that corresponds to the primary light source is selected, those combined diffusion, contrast, and color effects can be obtained while this filter is used on a film camera system or on a digital camera system. Film cameras with black-and-white film installed or digital cameras configured to record monochromatic footage or imagery can utilize the Schneider 77mm True-Net Gray 2 Filter's diffusion and contrast effects only.
This filter has a grade of 2. A grade of 1 is also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately half as strong.
Schneider True-Net Beige Filters that can add a warming hue to the entire scene or image are separately available. Schneider True-Net Black Filters that can help maintain a scene's existing color balance and contrast are also separately available.
- Can be applied to purposely create a net diffusion effect within an entire scene or image
- Filter glass is embedded with a gray-colored stocking material that softens focus and reduces glare, which can be useful for creating a more flattering result of a subject or scene
- Stocking material's gray color can help maintain a scene or image's existing color balance while reducing contrast
- Constructed from water white glass for optical clarity and color fidelity
- 1.66x filter factor provides a 0.73 stop exposure reduction
- Plastic case included for storage and transport