The handmade Audio Technica Consumer AT-ART1000 is the latest flagship phono cartridge, which introduces an innovative audiophile design not seen in mass-produced cartridges. The AT-ART1000 utilizes a direct power system, which places the dual moving coil directly on top of the stylus tip, ensuring the audio quality does not suffer the negative effects normally introduced by the cantilever's length and material type. With the coils in such close proximity to the stylus tip, the cartridge is capable of vividly rendering the subtlest sonic details with unsurpassed transient response.
The AT-ART1000 features a high-performance line contact stylus and solid boron cantilever, enabling a faithful trace of the record groove and reliable transfer of signal to the coils. The base is made from titanium, which supports the specialized magnet circuit and vibration system and provides a sturdy base for providing consistent playback. The cart also combines a hard plastic cover and aluminum housing to disperse resonance that negatively affects the sound quality. The Audio Technica AT-ART1000 ships with a wooden case, a non-magnetic screwdriver, a brush, a set of PCOCC lead wires, and mounting hardware.
Direct Power Drive
- The moving coil is placed directly on top of the stylus tip to ensure that audio quality is not compromised by any negative effects introduced by the cantilever's length and material. With the coils in such close proximity, the stylus tip allows the cartridge to vividly render the subtlest sonic details with unsurpassed transient response.
Special Line Stylus and Solid Boron Cantilever
- Features a special line contact diamond tip stylus and solid boron cantilever.
- High-performance stylus/cantilever combination for maximum pick-up of information from even the most complex vinyl record grooves.
- Lightweight solid boron has been specially selected for superior strength and subtle control of movement, allowing the direct power system to flourish effectively.
- To create the non-magnetic core coil, a 20µm diameter PCOCC wire is wound eight turns to a diameter of 0.9mm. Despite being a non-magnetic core type, an output voltage of 0.2mV is obtained by placing a 3-Ohm coil in the minuscule 0.6mm gap of a powerful magnetic circuit.
- The structure that supports the specialized magnetic circuit and suspension system is constructed from titanium. Known for its lightweight, strong, and antiresonant acoustic properties, this material requires sophisticated machining and is only employed in Audio Technica's top-of-the-range cartridge models. The titanium also works in tandem with the cartridge's polymer cover and aluminum housing to minimize vibrations that can color the sound quality.